Stoma

Replies
Views
blessedtobealive50
Hi everyone, for the past month or so I have noticed a different area on my stoma where stools are coming out of. I had spoken to the nurse at the surgical clinic and she just brushed it off. But the ostomy nurse I saw yesterday measured it, it measured 2 cm in depth, and he noticed some watery liquid coming out of it. So I'm going to see my doctor on Tuesday, not sure what it can be. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
ron in mich

Hi Blessed, it sounds to me like what's called a fistula, but it's good to have your doctor look at it to be sure.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,368 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

blessedtobealive50

Thank you. What can they do for it?

ron in mich

Hi Blessed, it's my understanding that it depends on the size and location. It can be treated with antibiotics or it may need surgery, but I'm no doctor. Good luck.