Help! Washing stoma without removing adhesive?

Replies
Views
Homie With A Stomie NS

Not sure if it's the same as ileostomy bags, but if it's drainable, empty it before showering. While in the shower, have a squeeze bottle with you and flush out the bag. Squeeze warm water into the sealed bag, swish it around, and push the water up. Repeat this a few times to clean the stoma. I do this at least once per day while sitting on the toilet. I add a little baby oil to the water - it smells great, cleans, and lubricates the bag, helping everything fall down. Hope this helps! Give it a try - your stoma will thank you and it saves changes in between.

Tracy

Homie With A Stomie NS

Not sure if it's the same as ileostomy bags, but if it's drainable, empty it before showering. While in the shower, have a squeeze bottle with you and flush out the bag. Squeeze warm water into the sealed bag, swish it around, and push the water up. Repeat this a few times to clean the stoma. I do this at least once per day while sitting on the toilet. I add a little baby oil to the water - it smells great, cleans, and lubricates the bag, helping everything fall down. Hope this helps! Give it a try - your stoma will thank you and it saves changes in between. When showering, make sure you cover your filter with a sticker or tape to prolong the filter's duration.

Tracy

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,470 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.