Free Shingles Jab

Replies
Views
vulcanBMk2

Because of my age my slight medical incapacity , Iam entitles to free Influenza Jabs every winter . Now the UKgovernmentsays that all people between 70 --79 willbe given an Anti Shingles injection . I've just had mine done ( no adverse reaction ) .The downside ..A 10am appointment ;to see the practice nurse ;rolled on into a 10.35 jab. The guy sitting next to me in the waiting room , had been waiting an hour ten mins to see his doctor ...The UK . NHSworks at it own slow pace !!

Bill

That sounds about right!  the queue for this jab was out of the door and down the road so I left it until later in the day when they had worked their way through the initial rush. It only took me about twenty minutes.  Unlike the A&E where if you have something really serious you can wait up to four hours!!

Best wishes  Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,314 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

boatlady21

I am 69 and had shingles last year I just wish that I could of had the jab my shingles lasted about 9 months and round my stoma the blisters stopped my appliances from sticking so was housebound too. It was the most miserable time I ever had so if you have to wait all day it would be worth it