Interested in meeting or talking to: Female

I am a 53-year-old Female
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone

I am a 55-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone
Meet and talk to 20,078 OstoMates

Odor Control

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:54 am

I live in a small nursing home and want some type of continuous room deodorizer going any suggestions my ostomy burps itself & causes constant odor!

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:01 am

Respkjc,

I'm guessing you use pouches with a filter for gas?  Maybe use non filter pouches and burp the pouch in the bathroom.  Or you can use the car citrus smokers car air freshener.  But then it might just smell like oranges and shxt.  Or you can keep a book of matches on hand 24/7.

I travel a lot and keep matches with me just before I leave the hotel and light one so the cleaning staff doesn't have to deal with it as you know, the hang time for the stench is brutal.  Hope this helps.

Bain

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:43 pm

Hey Respkjc, I'm thinking the same as Bain in reference to filters.  I never used them and lots of folks wrote about how ineffective they were.  I've had lots of success using about 15 drops of the M9 deodorant together with a few drops of Adapt Lubricating Deodorant.  I use the EZ Vents for burping and it works very well.  Breath spray from the dollar store works real well when I empty or burp in a public restroom.

Good luck.

Mike

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:37 pm

Hello,

Are you allowed to keep things pulled into outlets? If you are then I would suggest a wax melting pot like a Scentsy brand or you can by ones at Wal-Mart made by Better Homes and Garden. Then you get little wax melts and put then in the top and it is a continuous scent in the room till the wax gets old. I have them in my home and love them. Sincerly, Tina.

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:42 pm

Glade has a spray that is labeled for pet odor, we use it at work in the restrooms and it does a wonderful job.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.