Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone

I am a 54-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female

I am a 47-year-old Male

I am a 57-year-old Male
Meet and talk to 20,105 OstoMates

How Many Of Us Know Some New Research On Crohn's??s Disease...

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:32 pm

Crohn’s disease: Evidence for involvement of unregulated transcytosis in disease etio-pathogenesis http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3070014/

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:45 am

Hello srinivas.

Thank you for posting this piece of research which is of great interest even if it is not very helpful on a practical level.

I thought the article was well argued, taking a complex subject and splitting it down into component parts to make it more understandable. However, I am not sure how many people outside the field of study would fully grasp what was being said, let alone understand the implications.  Nonetheless, it is yet another valuable contribution to the overall analysis of the problem and as such might lead to further research and development of treaments.

Sometimes I think it would be useful for a tabloid journalist to get hold of snippets of information in such articles and highlight those particular aspects.

For example, I wonder how many people realise that they are still experimenting with drugs like Thalidomide, now being used as an endocytosis blocker?

Is it that they have so much stock left over from the previous scandle that they are finding new ways to offload it?

To a more positive note: The illumination of MAP ( Mycrobacterium Aviam Paratuberculosis) was very promising as its deleterious affects have been studied elsewhere and shown to be present in the environment and in foodstuffs, having not too dissimilar symptom production to CD.  

Also I liked the short expose of smoking and the likening of the symptoms to some asprin users.

My overall impression was that the article would not be read past the first paragraph by most people outside the narrow field of study but that does not mean that the concepts and the work are not important.  What we need now is for that work to be followed through with some practical solutions.

Best wishes

Bill 

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.