Advertisement
ConvaTec - Bathing
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Me+ Join Today

Traveling outside of US

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate
17,233 Members
Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:02 pm

I would like to know if anyone has traveled to Israel and if so what was the ladies room situation like? I would probably be needing more bathroom stops than average so what is the accomadaion like (if any) for people like me...or you?  I've been an ostimate since 1982 and has traveled state to state but out of state and into another country like Israel is a differenent situation. My biggest concern is finding a ladies room!  lol

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:53 am

Songbird16 ... I have not traveled to Israel but have traveled internationally and have not had an issue, even having an ileostomy.  

One thing I did before posting this was Google "Women's Restrooms in Israel" and found a wealth of information, even postings regarding individual cities.  

Another thing to consider, especially if you have a colostomy is to use the disposable liner bags inside your ostomy pouch.  That way there is no emptying, per se ... you just remove the liner bag, dispose of it (they are flushable) and insert another if you want or just use the pouch itself at that time.  

Of course always take the opportunity to use the restroom in any restaurant, museum, etc. that you happen to be in. 

Hope this helps

Paula

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:53 am

Thank you so much for the info!  I'll google ladies room in Israel!! Smile

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:55 am

You are more than welcome.  I have found Google and Trip Advisor to be my best go-to's for general information like that.  It is amazing how many people have the same questions that we do!  

Have a wonderful trip!  

Paula

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:30 am

Late to this topic, and probably lots of people know this already. Last week I had to use a restroom on the NY State Thruway. One door, separate from the Ladies' room had a sign said "Manual Flush" along with the graphic sign for Family use.  I took a chance and found inside a completely PRIVATE restroom, with a sink!!! And a place to hang my purse! It was spacious, clean and such a relief to not worry about how to manage my situation while hovering over a toilet trying to balance my supplies!

Have traveled to Mexico, Bermuda and the Bahamas since my surgery and found adequate facilities in each location.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.