ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
ConvaTec - Less Uncertainty More Flexibility
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
ConvaTec - Be Prepared For Winter
Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate
Meet and talk to 17,630 OstoMates.

All Ok ??

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:40 am

Hello  People , just a quick note hoping that  I find you all in good spirits & as good health as  possible .. I'm fine & finding myself stuff to do.. 

My Skoda Yeti didnt last long . ... A beautiful car with an amazingly bad  ride .  Wallowed on dips & nodded up & down like a demented donkey'   I lost some money but swapped  for \ Skoda Roomster MPV .. MPi turbo , automatic.. I have removed the standardradio & replaced it  with a Sat/nav /radio/bluetooth / USB unit. 

This car has smaller wheels & higher tyres so the ride is so much better  Road hold ing  &n grip is  almost sports car like .

Winter not too bad in UK at the moment  . but has its usuall wet & cold spells ... 

Take care folks......

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:05 am

Hey vulvanMKk2, it’s been a while hearing from you. How are you and your family? Good I hope!! Hope youll are enjoying the feastivities. Angelicamarie

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:00 am

Yep fine ... Just organising some  Christmas family stuff. Eldest stepdaughter is back from Switzerland   -- Youngest just got a  promotion at work. Grandson on his 2nd   year at University will be home for a few weeks..

Myself & my partner  (she is  10 yrs older than me ) have reasonable health , but a few age related  bits & bobs creeping in, but we plod on regardless.

I have also  joined , as a founder member , An abandoned  railway , in North Wales . It need  clearing & refurbishing & putting back it to use .

We have Crowdfunding going to  purchase a Locomotive & rolling stock... I will keep you informed ...

Best Wishes ... Pete....

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:48 am

http://bftr.cymru/

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:50 am
Hey thanks Vulcan, quite interesting. Angel
Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Gosh Vulcan, that brings back memories - I used to live at Betws y Coed, and nuclear flask trains ran through our station regularly during the decommissioning of Trawsfynydd Power Station. I always thought it was a ready-made candidate for preservation, and I'm only sorry it has taken so long for the project to get going. Wonderful that work has begun.  

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi Chris  , I hope all as well as possible  with you .. Yea  7 miles of railway needs 20 yrs of neglect cleared away !!  & as you remember the  Nuclear flask  trains from Traws power station    , there was  also  the Gunpowder  train  loaded at Maentwrog  road goods siding .

We will get there  eventually ... I used to live in Harlech   , I drove up from Gloucester a few weeks back to check on progress .. Lack of man power & money are the main problems . Network Rail can also be a bit obstuctive at times , as they also stillm own the  track & infrastructure .. 

Take care Chris .... Oh stepdaughter  took a  propety viewing holiday in Grance, came back impressed ...not sure what her plans are yet/

Pete,,,

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:20 am

Not sure I remember a 'gunpowder train', but I did encounter tankers of nitroglycerine being shipped from ICI in Cheshire to a dynamite factory in ?Penrhyndeudraeth?, not far from Maentwrog. These were road tankers (by the time I knew them), quite small, with serious cooling systems and very cautious drivers! BTW, I have driven a Skoda Roomster for seven years - it is a great car for my needs.

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:15 pm

Hi Pete.  Thank you so much for the many beautiful photos you sent.  I saved a bunch from the past and enjoy them often.  Reading what you and Chris have written caused me to think you guys were from another world.  Then I realised you ARE.  Or maybe I AM.  You guys seem to really know your cars but they're foreign to me.  I guess Chevys and Fords are foreign to you.  

I appreciate your stuff,

Mike

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:24 am

Love the railroad trains. Hope to be planning a trip on at least one this year in West Virginia.

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 am

Hello Mike & Mrs A..& all 

Yes Chris is an Enlishman in France I still remain in Uk & as far as  North America is concerned , thay say we are Divided by a common language !!

Although our railways are no longer the best in the world  due to previous lack  of investment & the restriction caused by old   Victorian infrastructure ,we still run quite a unique  system. 

Westill have this  amazing love affire with our old steam locomotives  , most of which were scrapped in the 1960's   . Thankfully many were saved by enthusiasts &  even to this day are being restored& rebuilt . 

No probs with  Ford cars Mike  , Our version of the Ford Fiesta is Uk biggest seller & Chevy is sold & also GM under the Vauxhall name . Howeverwe are very in car choice as the whole world seems to want to sell the Brits cars  ( I have a actually run Jeeps , Dodges &Chey's ) 

Got some  Christmas organisation to do  , Family gathering & visits & visitors etc... 

An ealy seasons greeting to all ....& may your Gods go with you   ....Pete 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aMVIpHm-c0

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:30 pm

Thank you so much, Pete.  

How fortunate are we to be able to plan our holidays with friends and family.  How fortunate we are to have each other, all of us here on this site, to share whatever the heck we want to with no strings attached.

Stay well, stay happy and certainly, let's stay together.

Mike

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:29 am

Hi All.....

Happy 2018 to all of you....or as the Jews are coining the phrase.....  Happy  20 Chai  ( Chai means life, in Hebrew and also the number 18, by the numerical value of  the 2 letters  that spell the word 10 & Cool  

I really enjoyed the train conversation.......   I'm originally from NYC so all I know are generic trains, either on the el ( elevated) or down in the subways.   But I raised  two little boys, and have been to train museums, stores and have taken rides on vintage US  locomotives.   That's about it  for my knowledge of trains.....

But it was cool to hear all your memories.....   Little Boys....little toys, Big Boys.....same toys, except larger.... Trains & Cars.   So who has the plane?   

Chris...it's been a long time..   Hope you and your wife and family are well.    To the rest of you.....finding common interest ( other than ostomy related)    makes everyone seem more " real", be it in the US, or in the UK..... or France.   Best Regards......Marsh

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:38 am

Hello people  , well we are well into the new year   , so I hope al, is going well for you .. We've had a few ups & downs , bit of colds & flu  but nothing too seroius . Weather in my part ofUK typical for time of year  , cold & wet , with occassional frosts & some snow... 

I got  the Grandson back to University  for his next semester , a round trip of  320 miles ..  he is now well into his 2nd year  & still seems to  be enjoying it . He has plans for more field trips   Sweden &  Madagascar   ...Not sure where he thinks the money is  coming from ??

We have a bit of a stumbling block on our Noth Wales  heritage  line restoration .... the line owners  , who still happen to be out national  "Network Rail " organisation  have some health & safety questions. ???

However I have  already booked tickets & viewing  area passes  for myself &  ( unusually )  one of my step daughters .. For  this years Ro

yal International  Air  Tattoo ..Big one this year as its the 100 anniversary  of the formation of the Royal Air Force ..It is  in  for Mid July..

Nota lot more to report  , My Urostomy stoma  continues to behave itself  & this year will be my 11th  anni og my  Bladder Cancer op.

Take care  & best wishes ....   Pete ....

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.