Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,317 members

Roe v.Wade

Posted by HarleyDoll, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:36 pm

Just an observation but the opposite of pro life is pro death, not pro-choice. This is a war of words, words that are used to sanitize a morally corrupt action. So those who are getting self-righteous about the use of words needs to read my first sentence again. This particular political debate is all about words and how they are used. Thank you so much for listening If in fact you did

Reply by dadnabbit, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:44 pm

Pro Life means opposing abortion and euthanasia.   The meaning of pro choice is advocating legal abortion.  Just because someone does NOT oppose abortion, does NOT mean they are Pro death.  THAT is a very limited outlook. 

Dadnabbit

Last edited by dadnabbit on Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Reply by dadnabbit, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:47 pm

Angel, Like I said, there are those who will attempt to twist your words to fit their narrative.  I will TRY NOT to continue with this discussion with someone who cannot discuss without using only nasty commentary and judgemental opinions.  I enjoy informed educated discussions, not personally motivated arguments.  THAT is MY choice.  Smile

Peace

Nancy

Last edited by dadnabbit on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Reply by HarleyDoll, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:50 pm

I am well aware of what the English language means. And you have apparently missed my point all together. You were complaining about people’s words how they use them ie  Twisting words is one example that you use And in fact have used it more than once to criticize those with a viewpoint different than your own. I was demonstrating that this abortion debate is a war of words And that sanitizing killing or murder by using more sanitized words does not make it any less ending a life.  If you want to look at somebody who is twisting words I would suggest that you look at your side of the street and the opinion that you represent.

Last edited by HarleyDoll on Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply by HarleyDoll, on Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:51 pm

And by the way Nancy, why is my opinion considered judgmental while  your opinion is considered valid? Perhaps you can explain this logic.  You might want to also consider holding your own instead of posting to other people about how victimize you are being by other posters. Just a thought.

Reply by Xerxes, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:06 am

dadnabbit,

A wondeerful reply!

Xerxes

Reply by kmedup, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:18 am

Dadnabbit; I have enjoyed reading your posts. There has been more excitment on this thread that I have seen in a long while. There is life in the old ostomate site afterall - no pun intended. 

Reply by jghandymann, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:49 am

I can see in certain conditions that an abortion is needed but we're back to the old addage.. "When does life begin?" Being able to abort a baby during delivery is nothing short of murder.. 16 weeks should be at the very outside when you can abort.. After that you must deliver.. But you can only abort in certain cases.. ie Rape incest etc.. If you want to *** without protection then you must pay the piper and have that baby.. Why should tax payers foot the bill for you sex life? 

Reply by dadnabbit, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:52 am

kmedup, Xerxes---  THANK YOU. 

Dadnabbit

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:54 am

Dadnabbit,

Right on! Pro Choice is NOT pro death.   Everybody is pro llife and nobody likes abortion.  It's about having the right to make that difficult choice yourself, ...not have it made FOR you by somebody else.

Reply by HarleyDoll, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:20 am

You mean like the choice that you’re making to speak for everybody? Please re-read your response where you speak for everybody and how they feel about abortion.   You state, and I quote  “  everybody is pro life  and nobody likes abortion  “.I find it increasingly difficult these days to believe that women who use abortion as a form of birth control hate it.  In fact I’m pretty sure they love it Since it is a quick fix for the problem.

Reply by HarleyDoll, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:22 am

Why don’t women make the choice before they have sex not after they get pregnant? As some have stated, why should the taxpayer have to pick up the bill for your sex life and your bad choices? If the big issue here is choice then make it before you have sex.

Reply by dadnabbit, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:54 am

Harley Doll---Statistics PROVE that the abortion rate has dropped to the lowest level in TEN years.  THAT being said, to avoid any chance of pregnancy and possible abortion, perhaps men should make the CHOICE to ABSTAIN from having sex, as the law currently states it is the woman's CHOICE to decide aboiut an abortion.  Of course the male can always sue his sex partner.    BUT, until the laws change, that is just the FACT. 

You CLAIMED I called your posted opinion "judgemental".  Well, YOU did just tell weirdnewlife that she is "speaking for everyone", and that you believe "in fact"...that you are "pretty sure that ("women who employ abortion as a form of birth control") "love it".  A QUICK FIX? Now THAT'S a judgemental opinion. And you called me "self righteous, and "morally corrupt", which is name calling to back up YOUR opinion.  Also, DEFINITELY JUDGEMENTAL.  And your ATTEMPT to use irony-- which is defined as an "especially mocking type of humor"  IS you passing judgement.  These are ALL opinions.  You stated yours, I stated mine.  That's all there is to it.

Dadnabbit

Last edited by dadnabbit on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Reply by dadnabbit, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:56 am

Weirdnewlife--Thanks for your comment.

Nancy

Reply by HarleyDoll, on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:16 am

It would sure be nice if you could control yourself and not be so emotional  in these discussions. Perhaps another coffee will help. Have a nice day.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.