Successful Reversal: 6 Months Post-Surgery Update

Replies
Views
Bagface

Dagnabbit - Good Lord, you've been through the wringer to say the least! I'm truly sorry for your situation and really hope that things turn around for you! My original surgery was an emergency situation, as I was toxic. My guardian angel surgeon told me I was at death's door. I read other people's stories on this site and realize how very fortunate I am. I'll be forever grateful for my surgeon. I'll be interested to hear how you make out.

Bagface

Dagnabbit - Good Lord, you've been through the wringer to say the least! I'm truly sorry for your situation and really hope that things turn around for you! My original surgery was an emergency situation, as I was toxic. My guardian angel surgeon told me I was at death's door. I read other people's stories on this site and realize how very fortunate I am. I'll be forever grateful for my surgeon. I'll be interested to hear how you make out.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bagface

Kirsty-Tylenol helped quite a bit after my surgery.

Puppyluv56

Kirsty,

I was very fortunate that I have an adjustable bed in one of my guest rooms. It goes to a zero gravity setting and that is the most comfortable of positions. You cannot turn over or move during the night to pull or tug on sore spots. You are comfortable in that position. You can rent them, I would imagine! I had shoulder surgery a few years ago as well. You have to sleep sitting up after that surgery, so the bed was a godsend for it. I would never have made it in a recliner! Lol

Puppyluv

AGB1982

Dagnabbit,

Prior to getting my ileostomy in April because I had a volvulus, a twisting of my small intestines, I lived without my colon successfully for four years. I went to the bathroom more often than average, and my stool was very loose, and if I ate greasy/fatty foods I would dump the fat when I had a bowel movement, but aside from all that it was very doable. So I highly recommend being reconnected.

Best wishes,

Amanda

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
dadnabbit

Amanda

Thanks for the input. I always hear so many bad stories and considering my exceptionally bad experience, I'm a little short of faith. Hearing success stories really helps to look at things with a positive point of view. I do want to be able to be reversed, but right now my doctors are working on getting me able to interact with others in public/face to face, as I have severe PTSD and have a hard time going out. I've not been out of my home alone in five years, and the only place I've gone is doctors and dentist, with a spare 1/2 dozen (recently) trips to the grocery with my husband, but still nowhere alone, and nowhere far from home. I've missed funerals for 2 brothers and 3 sisters-in-law over these past 5 years and our plans to travel Europe went out the window, but I am moving forward, albeit rather slowly. Thanks again for the data. It does help.

Peace

Nancy