Meeting Women with Ostomies: Tips for Getting Started

Replies
Views
jeanneskindle
Reply to Immarsh

Marsha, you're a doll! Thank you. I did pay $75 for lifetime membership. You have been through a lot when Crohn's wasn't well-known. I'm so pleased to meet you.

Siouxsee

If you find the trick, let me know.

I think you are more likely to meet a good woman here, rather than at your neighborhood bar.

IMHO

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,478 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Silveradokid

I don't believe 'here' is any different than your 'neighborhood bar.' All women have the potential to be good, just like all men and all neighborhoods. I've met one woman on this site and almost met two others. If you haven't learned already, you'll eventually discover that sharing one physiological common denominator doesn't guarantee compatibility. But as to the original post, whether face-to-face or online, if you don't try you've got close to a 0% chance of success...  

Panko
Reply to w30bob

Bob, I really enjoy your perspective outlook & admire you for putting the big picture into layman’s terms & a great rational!! 
I met a few nice ladies on here far & wide with a bag or two & chatted till the sun come up!! 
sometimes it’s not the bag that’s the problem but the baggage they carry???😊

kennybob94zz
Reply to CrappyColon

What part of Ohio are you from,crappy,crapster

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
warrior

Think I'm a little late to this party?

so I just wanted to add my two cents  .

trying to find a partner on this site can be very easy but the problem is distance which has been mentioned before..

I mean England Germany Denmark Oregon California nobody is in the tri-state area on the East Coast .. probably cause wbob chased them all away. ..

I mean yeah there are some  on the East Coast who say they're interested in a relationship and you reach out to them and not even common courtesy reply to say sorry or not interested or even too far.. yada yada.  I get this on another online dating site  but not here. nope..it should be named flee an ostomate .. not meet an ostomate...

you try to reach out to them and sometimes you got to click or check all their boxes in order for them to reply to you ...

men like women, are very choosy..

they don't want to settle..

I don't believe having a bag is the common denominator ..

but I have found the last few years the thing is chemistry..

on the other online dating site I must have met about five women in the last 2 years and damn I thought I did really well..and we had a great time..parting with smiles until the dreaded text came next day..

"there's no chemistry'.

or the ghosting..yea big thing on line.

so don't let the bag be a common denominator. 

it's not that important ..

I mean sure your partner would love the idea that they understand you and the situation you're in but there's more to life than an ostomy when it comes to dating..

so good luck in your search.. it will take time and patience and try the other sites as well ..

oh..those other popular sites?? some are just window shopping.

others are attention seekers.

never mention the bag..until its time to.if u want to. That's how i roll. so far its paid off.