Axl
Reply to CrappyColon

We make banana cake in the air fryer too... Mmmmm

jeanneskindle
Reply to CrappyColon

Absofrickenlutely!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,462 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

CrappyColon
Reply to Axl

You can make cake in the air fryer???

Wildflower 81
Reply to CrappyColon

Maybe wait until the last 30 minutes of cook time to add the topping? I'm not much of a crock pot guru myself

Wildflower 81
Reply to TerryLT

How long do you typically blanch most food? We've done garden corn this way to package and freeze for later use but I haven't got my timing just right yet as it usually ends up with ice crystals and or freezer burnt. Sometimes I get lucky though.....

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
anyark

I avoid raw vegetables, and should I get a little in my mouth, I chew the heck out of it. I cook all my vegetables until they're soft. If I go to a restaurant, and I want to order the mixed vegetables or broccoli, I ask them to cook it extra soft. We should chew all our food very well also, even the softer things.

CrappyColon

Guess who didn't listen to all you wise people? I had the tiniest baby piece of broccoli just to try it. Chewed well. But then I had this other salad with pineapple tidbits in it because I know the recipe and know it comes from a can so I figured it'd be softer than fresh pineapple. I'm debating walking one of the dogs but the chances of throwing up in someone's yard is likely- wondering if it would be worse throwing up in a friend's yard vs a neighbor I don't know. I know, I know y'all told me so.

w30bob
Reply to CrappyColon

Well, neither your friend nor your neighbor will be impressed if you choose them... but you already know your friend. Puke in your neighbor's yard and you'll then know them too!

Remind me not to use your pic as a poster child for "Make a Friend Week"!

Hope you feel better. And listen to your elders! For cryin' out loud...

;O)

CrappyColon
Reply to w30bob

Which picture? Or if this is one of your jokes I don't get until 24-48 hrs later?

I'm thinking a yard with bushes would be ideal.
One of my husband's bosses' yards is a couple streets over and his wife really cares about her plants so I'm thinking that would be ideally timed if I made it to theirs.

w30bob
Reply to CrappyColon

No comment.

;O)

CrappyColon
Reply to w30bob

I think that is the least you've ever said to me.

Walked a mile up and down hills, opted to go by a couple friends' houses vs. the boss' house just in case and of course didn't get sick.

GaryPC
Reply to Gemini16

Good suggestion on the broccoli. I also steam it. Cauliflower too. But I've tolerated cauliflower better than broccoli.
Mom over 5 years now with perm ostomy and realize it's all about experimenting.
Good luck

Gary

CrappyColon
Reply to GaryPC

I'm not sure how 'fun' some of these experiments are. Eating now with avoiding a lot of fresh/raw fruits and veggies is so counterintuitive to what my brain was told is good to eat until sans colon.

drums_weights_ileostomy

I can't eat broccoli. I also cannot eat carrots unless they're really cooked soft. No problems with cauliflower, so that's my go-to vegetable. Also, peas are okay.

CrappyColon

Breakfast of champions. Leftover cake fell over on the ride home, but it tasted good eating some right out of the box this morning.

TerryLT
Reply to Wildflower 81

Hi Wildflower, you just need to plunge it into the cold water for a few seconds to stop it cooking. If you are going to freeze the veggie afterwards, just make sure you are draining it really well, as I can see how excess water could make for ice crystals and freezer burn.

Terry

TEA17

One of the worst blockages I've had was caused by a delicious broccoli salad. Haven't eaten it since

Superme

Nay to raw broccoli unless you chew chew chew your food. I can eat raw broccoli but many ostomates can't. So I would be cautious. Baked, boiled or fried broccoli, smoothies are yay. I prefer a garden salad sans broccoli.