stoma caps mio flip ? none applicable

Replies
Views
warrior

I am writing this post and regards to the  sensura mio click flip  appliance..

in regards to trying to get a stoma cap for intimacy , I ordered through  Edge Park which apparently according to the catalog should fit my Appliance.

when I received the product , I realized it does not fit my Appliance..of course u have to open the box to realize the cap doesn't fit🤦🤬

they won' t accept, refund, or return  an opened box....WTF?

therefore i have 30 stoma caps item # 2802 by Assura.. 2" dia or 50 mm  up for grabs.

Speaking to a coloplast agent said they do not make caps for the flip barrier.  Isn' t that nice to know after a catalog says it will from Edge Park?

I'm very disappointed with  Edge Park, who I've been dealing with for several years and I'm going to give them another call because it was there a catalog that suggested these were the right ones... so I found out from coloplast that they don't even make a stoma cap for the new flip that you would have to change the Complete Appliance to a one piece and I'm not about to do that.

so I figured I'd give you guys a heads up for those using this very very good appliance which apparently nobody's thought about making a stomach app for which kind of sucks..

I'm very disappointed and I'm thinking about changing my supplier which unfortunately in New Jersey there's only two  suppliers that accept my insurance and yeah it goes by your insurance ...you just can't pick and choose any supplier... so be warned.. so that's it for today a very annoyed Warrior

CrappyColon

You ask to speak with a supervisor? I used Edgepark too but they have a rep that works directly with Cleveland Clinic patients so I have a direct number to that person. Can you take screenshots and highlight where it says it will work with that? It’s false advertising on their part so they ‘should’ compensate you. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,600 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Just pencil some nice winter scenes on them and give 'em out next year to your friends and family as Christmas ornaments!  I guarantee it will be the most unique ornament on their trees!  And as a bonus.........when they see it each year.........they'll instantly think of YOU!  What could be better than that?

;O)

warrior
Reply to w30bob

u sick , dude. 🤣

Beth22

I would highly highly suggest in switching suppliers. They pulled some bull crap on me too.. they didn't send out bags with my order when I called severe time was told they were being sent after 2 weeks of the same answer And no bags no tracking info nothing. I called again was told they weren't even ever sent out . So I sent back with a receipt and tracking number the adhesive remover and powder etc the extra things that come anyways they were supposed to have sent a refund which they never did even though they confirmed they had and I had confirmation from the tracking. They instead tried sending me a bill saying that's what I owed I called talked mangers thought everything was good waited for the refund etc. switched suppliers and for a year they keep trying to send me a bill. Even though they owed me money. I still haven't seen my refund. Switch suppliers 

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
IGGIE
Reply to w30bob

Not a good sense of humor mate, pull your head in. DH 

warrior

Well it turns out as of today Edgepark will credit me for the stoma caps that they sent me.

that's roughly around $27.. 

I figured yesterday I would give them one last call to speak to a supervisor.. but it turned out I spoke to a woman representative and she fixed everything ..

it was amazing..  the third time is a charm .. I'm real happy with the fact that they're not going to charge me for something I can't use- through their own fault- misleading information-  and now I have a box full of ostomy caps that obviously don't fit..They do not want them back!! 

I'm going to donate them either to the hospital or this other organization I found out about ..

I really wasn't crazy about the idea of switching companies and starting at Ground Zero with them..

so that's why I called Edgepark to raise holy hell. The reps name was Toni. She took care of it.

Maggie and Beth prior reps stuck to protocol. "an opened box can not be return."  up yours bitches!  

I'm no longer on the warpath it's always good though contact the manufacturer before you buy something..... These supplier representatives are just sales people they don't know anything about anything so lesson learned.