My time is near

Replies
Views
7dragonflies.hm

Hey friends,

I just wanted to ask for your prayers for me. I have surgery on 2/29 to reverse my loop ileostomy. It was to be done in January but I had a stricture at the anastomosis, where they joined the colon back to the rectum. Well, after failed attempts to dilate during a colonoscopy and flex sigmoidoscopy in office, my surgeon said he wanted to "get in there with his hands" to try to dilate. So, surgery went on but instead of to reverse, he did a colotomy and got through the stricture that way. I was left with the bag a bit longer for that area to then heal. Since then, I've had multiple Fluoroscopic X-rays to see if the contrast flowed through as it should, as well as multiple flex sigmoidoscopies (both in office and under anesthesia) to dilate the opening he created. Many procedures to dilate it later, I'm on for reversal.  It went from supposed colostomy reversal last October but because of inflammation, a temporary loop ileostomy put in it's place, then supposed loop ileostomy reversal in January to what I just mentioned above, all of this since last April. They cut me open down the midline 3 times now but from what I understand, this surgery will be less invasive - stitch up the intestine and tuck it back in, do a "purse string" closure, leaving a little open to avoid an abscess from forming. I'm excited but sickly nervous at the same time. Worried about everything. I humbly ask for prayers for me during this, my tribe I've never met but have come to love, I appreciate each of you. Hugs

Mysterious Mose

May you have good fortune with the procedure. I will have to admit that the title of this post had me a little concerned when I read it. :-)

Daniel

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,494 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Beachboy

Wishing you an easy surgery and quick recovery.  You've been through alot.  Time to get your normal life back.

Cheers,

Dan

Jayne

Bless You Biggly!

Good luck for 29th - Sounds like you have a great Team.

The Tribe on here are wonderful !  

And Yes, I too am beginning to open to share on here.

Best Wishes for a sucessful intervention and Well Done for hanging in and Continue the Good Work -

Our Medics can do their best work when we are well prepared to receive not only their care and expertise but also take responsibility ourselves as a fully 'working memeber' of our Team.

29th WISHES

Hgg

Jayne

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Mysterious Mose

😵‍💫 guess I shoulda thought that one through a little more!

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Beachboy

Thank you for your warm wishes. We've all been through incredibly hard things. You, more than you realize, have been an anchor for me.

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Jayne

Thank you Jayne. I appreciate your kind words and support. ❤️ I'll keep you all updated. Hugs

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Mysterious Mose

And, thank you Daniel. I've been wondering how you are.

Morning glory

7dragonflies I  have to admit the title scared me too. I am praying for you on the 29th. Prayers for a successful  surgery and a speedy  recovery. I know you will be fine. You're  a survivor and a very strong person. X X

Itsme58

Prayers and healing thoughts for you, I hope your procedure goes well. I will keep you always in my thoughts. Hugs. You have the best group of prayer warriors right here and they’ll be here for you after your procedure. That’s a plus.

DexieB

Praying for you !  ❤️‍🩹🙏🏻. Hugs and positive vibes!  I am currently healing from reversal…you got this! 

JVM261

I’m sure you will be OK, you will be in my thoughts.

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Morning glory

Thank you so much for your prayers Morning Glory, they count and mean so much. Blasted title, sorry! I wish I could change it. Hugs

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Itsme58

You're right about this group It'sMe, that's for sure. Thank you. I know He hears our prayers, especially when we band together for each other. And, I pray for you all too, for whatever we are individually dealing with in this thing called life. Hugs

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to JVM261

Thank you for the encouragement and thoughts JVM, it means a lot. :)

Riva

Prayers sent.  Quick and easy recovery .  You’ve got this .  Best of luck.  Here for you 🌈

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to DexieB

Thank you Dexie. How was it? Did they stitch it up and tuck it in and stitch the hole? I'm worried too because of the stricture. Hope that doesn't happen again. I'm glad to hear you seem to be healing well!! Hugs

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Riva

Thank you Riva. That prayer you sent really meant a lot to me. Thank you for your support and for being there!

Nini4

Sending prayers and healing thoughts.  

14jax71

Wishing for a smooth sailing surgery and a speedy recovery. 

Kas

Prayers for a successful surgery and a quick and easy recovery for you!

CrappyColon

You’ve got this mama! Sounds like your medical team has done a lot to make sure your body is ready for surgery and healing after. You’ve got that sweet kid of yours to get home to as well. Prayers ☺️

warrior
Reply to Mysterious Mose

that titled post got my attention sadly...too. was afraid to open the post......whoa..😱

would suggest editing it more accurately.  " my surgery nears"?.

blessing hon. u got this. 👍

warrior
Reply to 7dragonflies.hm

🤔👍

Axl

I hope you get all that you wish for kiddo you have earned it, and hope you have a speedy recovery and a great future.

Axl

ron in mich

Good luck with the surgery and a speedy recovery.

IGGIE

G-Day Dragonflies,  You really have had a bad run but all the bad stuff is over now it's time to fix it all, and they will. Keep us up to date and we are all with you. Regards IGGIE  

DexieB
Reply to 7dragonflies.hm

Hello, it was uneventful!  Doc said my reconnection was great, no leaks and I had minimal adhesions.  I went to the bathroom the same day….was eating the next day…hospital stay was only 2 days.  Had some urgency for a few days but it stopped pretty quickly.  My stoma is healing from the inside out, no stitches, and the other 4 incisions were glued shut.  The stoma hole is about 80% healed now.  The worst part was getting the virus my husband had right after surgery….i had coughing fits for a week and might have a small hernia again from coughing even tho I took meds and held my stomach….time will tell.  Otherwise it all went good.  I am sorry you have had some issues!  Hopefully the rest is smooth sailing for you!  

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Nini4

Thank you so very much Nini4 🙂

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to 14jax71

Thank you Jax I really appreciate your wishes to me.