Intimacy Struggles: Is My Bag Ruining Our Relationship?

Replies
Views
bob.hewson

Tim, Tim, Tim,
You are clearly a presumptuous, arrogant, ignorant, abusive person. You start with, "Let me guess. Wife is 20+ yrs younger than you?" - an assumption that you base the rest of your tirade on. Then you supply me with your in-depth knowledge of marriage sustainability statistics, followed by a reference to my unknown, non-existent colostomy bag. You then decide that unless I am missing both my hands, there is no injury that I could have sustained during my Vietnam service (that I am now on a 90% disability pension) that should prevent me from changing my flange.

You end with, "I don't think the colostomy is your problem, Bob. I think the mistake you made, trying to recapture your lost youth and marrying a woman much too young for you and making a baby at 60 yrs old, is your problem. Better have the number of a good lawyer on hand."

If you would pull your head out of your colostomy bag, you may be able to see the world through a much better perspective and not the S**T outlook you have today.

I trust that you refrain from giving this sort of support and advice to others here. This site could do well without people like you and your arrogant opinions denigrating others as if you had a God-given right and knew every detail of their lives so you could inform them where they went wrong.

I, for one, would be most happy if I never read another of your presumptuous and arrogant posts.

Dave_Canada

Well said, Bob.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,529 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

nogutz

Hi Bob Bob Bob;

Hope all is well, as you were saying that it isn't as bad as first thought. Glad to hear that. If in doubt, just go look at yourself in the mirror. You're a good father and a husband and a big part of their lives. I think that a relationship is something that you are always working on, and when this happens it only strengthens the relationship. Tim summed it up best when he stopped talking/typing!

gutenberg
Hi Bob, long time no posts but I did manage to read your terrific reply. And as one who has followed your trials and tribulations and let us share in your life I hope you take to heart that you have been a real boon to a lot of us coping with our own difficulties and when we know what you have endured it gives us all hope. I agree with Dave-Canada and Noguts. Its nice to see an intelligent comeback, I know if it were me writing there would be a lot of censoring, take care Bob, Ed
christiesdad

I see my old friends have already responded to your post. I echo their sentiments, Bob, old friend! What a lot of souls who post in here do not realize is that they have to "walk a mile in your moccasins" before they can judge. The only thing in this forum that is a long mile and not like any other mile on earth. Hang in there, old friend. You have a lot of friends................

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister