ConvaTec - Search All Things Ostomy
Meet and talk to 18,894 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 18,894 OstoMates.
Not your typical ostomy website. See why

Stoma Reversal

Go to page: Previous  1, 2
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:18 am
Mornin Caroline,
Yesterday I took peppermint cordial (once in the morn & before bed) dilute with warm water, the taste is not very nice but seemed to help a bit with the pain in my tum !
Sounds like you have had a lot to deal with toooooo !
When I was in hospital, the physio said for me to start walking asap & build up to gentle jogging (I only started jogging a couple of months ago), it seems like a life time ago- but today is another day & gunna try stay positive (won't last long) today.
Hope ya av a gud day.x
  Past Member
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:32 am
Hello
I will try that thank you. Have a great day
xxxxxxxxx
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:03 pm
Hi Bo Boo

Had op on monday they didnt have to move stoma what he did was cut  around the stoma and repaired a stoma and an hernia,woke up with a drain in side and bloody sore.On Tuesday i noticed a small red rash and told a nurse and she said its just a heat rash got bigger as day went on showed night nurse she rang doctor and i developed cellitues under the skin and home today but still have drain in and have to go up twice a day for medication through iv nice to be  home get no sleep in that place
  Past Member
Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:13 am
airforce1, I am so sorry you are going through all of this, I dont understand why they didnt just send you home with a IV.  They have ways to have a Nurse come over and hook up your IV if you dont know how too.  It sounds like this is one big OUCH and man I am so sorry.  I hope you start feeling better soon and I dont understand your country anymore than I do most any country.  We all have our own ways we do things and maybe this is how they do it where you are from.  I just knew once I got out of the Hospital I sure wasnt coming back to get my IV meds and they were sent home and then later mailed to me until I was finished.  I hope you do well, God Bless Jenny
Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:58 pm
Hi Jenny

Home now off iv meds on oral still have drain in thats a pain but at least i am home.
the rerason i picked up the infection was no one noticed the drain clip for 12 hours so thats why infection  got in
  Past Member
Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:11 am
airforce1, Hey Thank you for letting me know you are now home.   Airforce 1 as we seem to get better in our own surroundings.  I am sorry no one noticed they left that clip on ya in your Country as I guess all of our medical are busy.  I am just glad you are home, healing where you have someone to take care of you and maybe a good dog around to keep you company.  I got well really fast when I got home from the Hospital and I didnt even mind paying for the IV's I had to have until I got well, I just needed to be around my son's and my husband and the good Lord knows my Dog, that dog is such a Blessing and makes me know he needs me.  I think maybe he deserves a cool treat for being so kind to me lately, I love to go get my nails done and so does my dog, so I think I will call them and make us an Apt. today if we can get in now.  Thanks again for the Update and I always love to here good News, Love ya Jenny
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.