Kylie Bed Pad

Replies
Views
IGGIE

G-Day Guys, I hear all the time on here how when you have a leak at night it makes a mess of the bed and you have to do a big clean up. I don't know if this is what you call it in other Countries but I have a Kylie Bed Pad which if you do have a leak it's located to just the Kylie. It is waterproof on the back and a very soft material on the top. It washes very easily and if you have more than one you can change it over and get back to sleep and do the wash tomorrow.  See photo.  Regards IGGIE

warrior

I'd take one ..if Kylie comes with the bed sheet.😉

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,533 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

IGGIE
Reply to warrior

You buy 2 you get the third one free. Name your price.   IGGIE

Mysterious Mose

Called a Chux pad here. :-)

warrior

Usually after a hospital stay...I get a lot of supplies from the nurses there to take home.

Liner sheets, those blue absorbent pad sheets they place over the bed are given to me for the home. A nice care package.

And given to me alot of them too plus other stuff like gauze, tape.

.I use these liners under by bed sheet to protect the mattress. 

I tape them to the mattress, and put bed sheet over them.

Easy peasey for me. U can buy these bedliners anywhere too.

Now. Re: Kylie...if she came with her kylie pad, there would be some serious chuxing. 🤦‍♂️

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
bowsprit
Reply to warrior

Probably not a good idea, Warrior. That bed would not look very inviting. If someone is going to share that bed, they would wonder what it is for, and make a run for it.

warrior

...bowsprit..hey dude? Sup?

Good hearing from ya.

.u do understand this liner is under the bed sheet, unseen? Pulled and taped to the mattress..the bare mattress.  If I were to strip the top sheets and leave just the bottom - I think it's called a flat sheet- you could not see the liner.its taunt. Thin. Not bulky.

Besides..who checks that ? It's covered. Neatly discretely. 

This Kylie cover looks like a cover i would use to keep my dog,cat, animal, iggie hair away from couch or bed.🤣

pretty damn obvious!!  its a cover, right? Sightly indeed.  A cover on the outside would make me run if not cat or dog present.

So I am not sure about what u mean about it possibly being an issue?  Explain. 

They also make fitted protective bed liners..some are very comfortable. Water proof..pee proof. Soft. Can't even tell one has it on their bed.

I don't see a issue especially if retrieving to bed with a partner, 

The last thing they'd be looking at is my flat sheet. It's all about the dressing on the bed- comforter,  pillows, etc..

How do u protect your mattress?  

bowsprit
Reply to warrior

Ok, now I see it, but how does it prevent the top sheets from getting soaked and how about if you forgot to take the bed-cover off in your haste? Anyway, you have made your point. I once bought a carved and painted bed from a rural area, it belonged to the local landlord. It had fittings for light bulbs at all the four corners! Either he liked to light up the evenings or read in bed a lot. I think the former was the intended use. I have never leaked in bed, except once, the wafer parted, but nothing escaped. Have to keep my fingers crossed.

warrior

..ahhh the top sheets..good question. 

Yea that's always an issue..shit all over top sheets. Bottom sheets..yourself.

It sucks. Nasty way to begin a morning.

I wear a t- shirt..cotton as a barrier.. over the years u become quite acute when you are about to blow a seal.well..at least...I am....

I threw out alot of sheets and comforters over the years. 

I can't bring myself to wash the shit out of them. So gross. 

In lieu of putting your entire lower body half in plastic, I don't see how u can prevent soiling the bed sheets. 

You'd have to wrap your self up in a cocoon of sheathing or plastic.

Ha ha an oversized hefty garbage bag. 

But no..with a partner..gotta keep things as normal as possible looking. 

There is hope. Over time u get to know the life cycle of your bag...2 to 5 days?

Then u know what to eat and timing of it..

So..u adjust. I found less leaks by doing this over time..

I am down to one time empty around 4 a.m. 

And it's been a no leak situation for a long time. Just an adjustment period.

Have not had a decent night's sleep since 2016.

But..yea...think I am finally getting there  with adjustments and better fitted appliances. 

IGGIE

Some people cant see the wood for the trees.