Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,232 members

New treatment for UC?

Posted by joanmarie, on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:19 pm
In a recent article about ulcerative colitis, Dr. Russell Blaylock, MD states that "Newer research has shown that the supplement SILYMARIN in a dose of 200mg, three times a day, can significantly relieve UC symptoms."
  Has anyone tried SILYMARIN and what has your experience been?
  Joan in Colorado
Reply by snowflake, on Wed May 01, 2013 9:12 pm
Hi Joanmarie , I dont know anything about Silymarin and its probably to late for me, but would love to find out more just the same, please post any info you find
Good Luck ! Snowflake
Reply by Scott Chance, on Sat May 11, 2013 8:49 am
I don't profess to know the answer but only this morning I was thinking what a horrible illness Ulcerative Collitis is and that it's about time they found a cure for it.

I was a short term sufferer, but I'm afraid my symptoms were so severe that all the medication in the World didn't prevent the need for ileostomy surgery. I went through some horrible experiences in the 6 weeks or so I was suffering from the illness and my heart goes out to those people who are now going through what I suffered three years ago.

I'm over things now, am lucky enough to have a working ileostomy with (touch wood) no complications, am comfortable with things and getting on with my life but I do hope the medical experts soon find a cure to prevent other people from suffering.
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.