New treatment for UC?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
joanmarie

In a recent article about ulcerative colitis, Dr. Russell Blaylock, MD states that "Newer research has shown that the supplement Silymarin in a dose of 200mg, three times a day, can significantly relieve UC symptoms."
Has anyone tried Silymarin and what has your experience been?
Joan in Colorado

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,104 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

snowflake

Hi Joanmarie, I don't know anything about Silymarin and it's probably too late for me, but I would love to find out more just the same. Please post any info you find.

Good luck! Snowflake

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Scott Chance

I don't profess to know the answer but only this morning I was thinking what a horrible illness Ulcerative Colitis is and that it's about time they found a cure for it.

I was a short-term sufferer, but I'm afraid my symptoms were so severe that all the medication in the world didn't prevent the need for ileostomy surgery. I went through some horrible experiences in the 6 weeks or so I was suffering from the illness and my heart goes out to those people who are now going through what I suffered three years ago.

I'm over things now, am lucky enough to have a working ileostomy with (touch wood) no complications, am comfortable with things and getting on with my life but I do hope the medical experts soon find a cure to prevent other people from suffering.