Censorship

Replies
Views
Anoniem18
Re: Lesbian .....

Censorship: A form letter. I didn't say disappointed, I'd classified it as totally p.... off.
won't be participating much here anymore.
Ed

Hi Ed,

I am sorry that you are disappointed, but after an internal discussion we decided to remove the topic since we received a number of complaints. We understand that it contained a valid discussion, but the language used was very offensive for some members and was also impacting the image of our otherwise friendly website.

Best regards,
Customer Service

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 10:53 PM
To: ****
Subject: Contact Form Submission

I received a notification that PrimeBoy had posted a response to the Forum
in Lesbian ... when I went to read it it looked as if someone (Admin?)
deleted the whole forum, including my posts which now I am unable to find. I
can only assume that you deleted the forum for your own reasons, while I
don\'t have a problem with removal of obscene and or offensive material
removal of a whole forum thread amounts to censure. In case you decided to
remove the whole post I now regret paying for full membership and can
guarantee you that this won\'t happen again.
Regards
Ed----------- User IP address:216.239.66.194
gutenberg
Hi Ed, I just happened upon this post and now I know why all our posts were deleted, and can't say I was shocked as I could almost see this coming as I remembered reading one post that was over the line and it wasn't a poster I was familiar with but it sure lacked any semblance of tact and I am of the opinion that just the removal of the nasty posts would have been sufficient, then again it was easy to see it would be getting out of hand if the admin didn't do something but it pissed me off also when my post was deleted because of some uncouth poster caused all our posts to be deleted. But in our case they got two Eds' for the price of one. Take care and keep posting Ed
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Anoniem18
I could post most of the thread, I copied it onto my computer so I can contemplated my answer.
Interesting when I posted the e-mail the e-mail addresses were automatically removed.
wonder if someone at warmmail dot com will be deleted.I'll give it a try
Anoniem18
Yep
mild_mannered_super_hero
this one area of the forum quot;social discussions quot; is open to most topics, it doesnt show up on the quot;main menu quot; page....so everyone who visits the home page doesnt have to see any quotoffensive quot; material. it is the place for politics, religion and simular topics. it`s a quot;gloves off quot; area....difference of opinion is welcomed here. keep in mind that you can still be ejected from the site if the admin decides its appropiate{it is after all, their site}. let the games begin...lol

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
christiesdad
You know, when you get right down to it, not only most of the posts, but the entire thread would have been deleted by any one of our grandmothers. Can you imagine your grand mother sitting at the dinner table and discussing what happens when a stoma leaks or bursts? But we now live in a very liberal world where any thing and every thing is discussable any where and at any time. I can see where if one wants to bring up a subject for open discussion, they should not take offence at any comment made thereafter. There are going to be made ;comments anti to what the comment conjurs up. If one doesn't like anti remarks, don't post it. If you cannot remark on the subject with out being castigated it is wrong, (1st amendment and all that). There are all sorts of threads posted that are by their very nature are controversial, this is a site where personal hygiene and the likes are discussed.Administration should not be in a god like censuring position to decide what should and should not be posted unless it is considered immoral and states immoral or explicit acts. The fact of homosexuality exists and the rights of the homosexual should not be the only ones defended. Objectors have the right to express themselves as well, with out censorship. That is like telling two children fighting over a toy that you are going to take the toy away and no body can play with it. The toy still exists.
mild_mannered_super_hero
my opinion: admin has the final say on anything.....they own the forum, they pay the light bill...so they have that right.

i totally agree with your second statement.... that is the trouble with todays society...we are taught that we should quotbe more tolerant quot; by the left leaning wackos....but they have absolutly NO TOLERANCE for any opinion save their own. say something politically UN-correct....even if its a proven fact and they go ballistic . you can not reason with a liberal, they are unfamilar with logic. to do so is a waste of time and energy.
christiesdad
my opinion: admin has the final say on anything.....they own the forum, they pay the light bill...so they have that right.

i totally agree with your second statement.... that is the trouble with todays society...we are taught that we should quotbe more tolerant quot; by the left leaning wackos....but they have absolutly NO TOLERANCE for any opinion save their own. say something politically UN-correct....even if its a proven fact and they go ballistic . you can not reason with a liberal, they are unfamilar with logic. to do so is a waste of time and energy.   nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;

Yes, MMSH, but how do they pay the light bill? From our $29.95, that's how. quot;the customer may not always be right, but he will always be the customer. quot;
Anoniem18
Well the $30 doesn't really go far and they don't seem to have a lot of advertising. After all it is a limited audience. And then there is that point about discussing politics and religion. While I am always prepared to discuss anything. I understand the objections some have. But when you bring up our grandmothers it makes me think, and more so after finding the explicit intimate discussions going on about sex I think Cindy started that (good for you Cindy) and some of the postings get very intimate and personal, I wonder how long before that is deleted.
Especially when I find the following:
http://www.geektown.ca/2013/05/us-map-shows-geography-of-online-hatred.html

Comments?
Good thing none of this is of course applicable north of the border.
Anoniem18
I just realized in my e-mail to "CONTACT US" admin left in my IP address which could identify me completely, except that in my case I do not have a static IP address. An IP address is like a zip code but more like the Canadian postal code which in urban area's identifies you to a section of your street. Someone knowledgeable about networking wouldn't have a problem finding who I am. But then, all you have to do is ask.

Ed
mild_mannered_super_hero
interesting post, i am unfamilar with quot;tweeting quot;, i asked at work and my circle of friends....no one i know quot;tweets quot;.

my personal opinion would be most people who do tweet would be upper middle class, and well educated....???

i dont know how they could determine much, since {in my opinion} most rural areas have a very low percentage of people who use twitter.
Anoniem18
Gee mmsh don't you know the whole world is reduced to 140 letters ( a tweet). If you can't say it in a tweet then it is not worth saying. So stop twittering and get with the program.
But boy if what you postulate in your comment is true about well educated and upper middle class then the world as we know it will certainly cease.
have a nice weekend.

Ed
gutenberg
Hi Ed, after reading mmsh's line about people who tweet, I just have to believe there was a lot of tongue-in-cheek in that sentence. As an aside, I happened to check out a few pages of tweets and I'll be charitable here, I think I can live the rest of my life without ever tweeting and if I did I'd certainly be "anonymous". Ed
Anoniem18
Come on gutenberg (born 1393 inventor of the moveable type printing press) mmsh NEVER uses tongue in cheek and has no concept of sarcasm, hates discussing any and every subject etc. etc.
And don't you realize you haven't lived unless you are a full participant of the twittering society.
Now if I could only figure out how to get people to follow my tweets, when I check "followers" it says 0 but then I did delete one or two young women when I first looked into the concept of twittering, I think their idea of twittering was something different, and it involved money .
Ed
gutenberg
Hi Ed, I think my idea of twittering is in line with what those young ladies were thinking.
And regarding poor old Gutenberg's birthday, many years ago when I first started researching him, he was said to be born 1400-02, since then there have been so many birth dates given I gave up on that part of his history. But I must say I'm glad he took on the name of Gutenberg rather than his birth name Johannes Gensfleisch(sp), which doesn't roll off the tongue quite so smoothly. And considering the years he spent developing his moveable type without the benefit of electricity but with a good command of metallurgy and able to borrow money, so much so he could have made a business card reading "Have Press Will Travel", trying to keep ahead of his creditors. Also in some of the earlier manuscripts I had read he didn't even own that famous Gutenberg Bible but before he died he was finally rewarded for his work by whatever higher authority at the time. And we finally got around to naming him "Millennium Man, took a while but he made it, sorry, but sometimes I run off a bit much. ED
christiesdad
You know what I find m most amusing is that this whole thread began about lesbianism/homosexuals. Then migrated to the heated discussions about freedom of speech, with occasional quips from admin. about why some of the post were deleted.HOWEVER; all the post were from, either conservatives or liberals,(I still have not figured that one out yet), not arguing about a different sexual preference, but that all had the right to what ever preference they wanted. The posts then were all confined to the fact that some of the posts were deleted.
What I find amusing is that with all the posts, including mine as well, not one post has been by an avowed "different sexual preference" individual. Seems like they just sit back and let others argue over them.
There is not meant to be any malice here, as I said I just find it amusing.

Jack
gutenberg
G'day Jack, first let me say all the posts that came out of that particular thread has turned out to be really interesting and worthwhile. As for the different sexual preferences not responding to that particular thread, I certainly don't blame them, as a matter of fact I was embarrassed to read what one of our members wrote that I had to call him out on it, I thought we were much better than that and it also pissed me off because my posts were deleted as were the rest and had they not been I know I would have gone even further and probably would have been barred for a while. There is just no room for such ignorance in our forums. There, I've had my two cents worth, wishing all a good day, Ed
Anoniem18
To gutenberg:
Amen to that.