Struggling with a New Ostomy: Seeking Advice and Support

Replies
Views
Slow momma

I'm allergic to most tapes. Band aids, etc so that might be the reason my bag is not doing well. Thank everyone for all your help. I've been sick several days with some kind of flu virus. I don't wish this on anyone. My friend emailed me a bit ago and she's been sick 2 weeks already. I'm already run down, dizzy and lightheaded. This weakness is not good for my surgical recovery. I'm going backwards instead of forward...
Seen my surgeon last Monday and he did blood work. My B-12 was real low as well as my sodium. Usually it's my potassium and magnesium. Now more supplements...I'm really down today trying to deal with all this..got a lot of recuperating to do yet. I'm sick of not being able to do much and with my levels staying low it makes me more weak, dizzy and lightheaded. There has to be a fix to all of this....Barbara

Past Member

You and your daughter are in my prayers.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,507 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.