Post Ostomy

Replies
Views
will80991953

My surgery was 04/10/2017. My rectum was removed and the anal canal was also removed. The anus was stitched up. Today, I have some blood and some stool seeping through the anus. I can't figure out how stool could come from there now. Has anyone had a similar experience?

xnine

I do not understand. It sounds like you are all sewed up. Incision not healed, time to see the doctor.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mrs.A

I agree, it would be a good idea to call your surgeon or at least your primary care doctor. Give them a call and they can let you know if you should be concerned or not.

Best wishes

Ozzwood

Yes, please call your surgeon. It's a concern that none of us are qualified to handle.

Best wishes.

NotDeadYet

Agree. If they stitched you up and you feel that stool is seeping out, see a doctor...maybe a different one?

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister