Prostate Cancer: This is for all guys to man up and do the right thing for all you love

In this discussion
Replies
Views
weewee

when i was first told about a PSA test i was 48 my numbers where high the doctor choose to say it is nothing to worry about lets just give you some antibiotics to see if its an infection or you might have cancer.My first numbers where about 6 to a 7 so time went on and my numbers where staying around a 4. i had the normal test of the magic finger saying my prostate wasnt swollen and asked all the questions if i had problems peeing or getting an erection plus others ones. my answers where always no i had not any of the problems they were asking me.

so couple years later my numbers where staying around a 4 this is where a problem is kinda started you can play the number game as i called it or do a biopsy.because i trusted his judgement and fallowed what he told me i didnt second guess him. then when i was about to turn 51 it was suggested that i go see the uroligist and get him to look into my numbers. so i said ok, now comes the tricky part my uroligist told me why the doctors do what they do because the amount of stress alot of males put themselves thru they beat around the bush because of all the different things that affect the PSA levels. so alot of guys play the numbers game i chose the biopsy the only trues way to find out

i told him i already shit in a bag cause i didnt want to take the chance of a reversal going bad and or my Hirschsprung's disease coming back then me wearing a daiper like my house inspector had to do, since there is no 100percent guarantee in anything we have surgery on

so i kept telling him to just set up for the biopsy he kept telling me the down sides and all the shit that would happen and the possibles. so i finally got my tests done yes i did get sick with sepis for a week like he said i would i told him i would rather be sick for a week and able to find out that A i had cancer or B i didnt. well in my case for my birthday present i found out i had prostate cancer.

so the next thing you get to do is set up another visit to find out your level of cancer. then to be told you have to wait 6 more weeks after your biopsy before you can do surgery.then being told they have a nationaly known scale called the gleason scale all the doctors around the world fallow this scale. he was really good at explaing all the stuff to me except for one part that really made me mad it was a small thing to he was thinking of me getting a erection and having sex, i said no its about me having to wear a daiper cause i would be peeing myself he didnt say anything about this part the word he thought he used was ;incontinence me being who i am went off saying what the hell does that mean and it was all about no bladder control, so i told him if he would have said that word i would have asked him what it ment cause i speak in laymen and exspect things to be explained where a first grader can under stand.

after all the things being said he told me i had a slow growing cancer, i could be hit by a bus or have a heart attack or simple out live my cancer and be really old beore it might affect me. i already knew i was going to do the surgery cause my daughter allready lost a step dad to cancer. so when i told her i had cancer she was allread giving me a lecture on getting it out and how she didnt want to lose 2 dads. i told her i was waiting for a doctor that would do the surgery it wasnt easy i had been turned down couple times cause i was not able to do the ;Laparoscopic surgery cause of all my surgeries in the past i needed a doctor that would do a ;radical prostatectomy we found only one in the whole state of montana since denver said no and salt lake va didnt have any either

so to make my story small i would have to say a bigger man will do the biopsy to show everyone he cares and loves them. since i chose to have the surgery i caught my cancer before it spread any were else i just got told that my prostate was the only thing i had 30percent cancer in. all around my prostate was cancer free as was the surrounding eras all free but i still have to have my psa levels check for the next 5 years

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

weewee

oh yea my sugery was just this past tuesday i forgot that part

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Bill

Hello weewee.  Thanks for your thoughtful and informative post on this imporatnt subject. I've been contemplating getting checked out for quite some time and your post may well be what is needed to motivate me to do something practical about it.

Best wishes

Bill

weewee

hello bill

thanks i know my story is all over the board skipping around i was trying to hit all the points of intrest and tring to keep it short story cause i know my ownself its its to long i fall alseep or go to something else if people ask me about what isnt in there i will continue my little story as i see holes in there about some information i can help with some answers

Past Member

Pleased it was caught at the right time. Yes we all need to read stories like yours makes men who are having problems burrying there heads in the sand hoping it will just go away if they do nothing, makes them wake up and get cheecked out. I had testicular cancer in both testsies so I'm on testostorne injections it gives me a 6 higher risk of prostate cancer than anyone not on it so I have a psa test every 6 months plus a few more bllod tests...I had a lump on my testicle for about 3 years maybe longernot even sure how long I had it myself I was one of those that buried my head in the sand telling myself it was nothing I didn't need to see a Dr about it took hearing a bad joke about testicular cancer as some would call it, I call it a wake up call made me get of my ass and see a Dr that bad joked saved my life...all publicty about health problems is good

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
weewee

hello all here is a 10 day update

its been 10 days since surgery. i got the cath out and now a new adventure starts. now the subject is how to make your ;incontinence less. after cath was removed they gave me instructions on kegals and how often so for the first, year you do it 3 times a day then everytime you pee to stregthen the muscle. after i was talking to the doctor i was learning why most guys have a problem with leaking and peeing their pants when someone makes them laugh or sneeze. the doctor said since you now have this surgery you basicaly need to do them all the time and you will decrease the problem of leaking or accidents. so if you get lazy on the kegals prepare to pee your pants.

now about what i found out after they cleared me of cancer.

when i first went and got the biopsy the doctor was telling me that i didnt have to worry or rush in to get the surgery. when they put me on the gleason scale at first i was at a 6 which is the lowest you can be. now after the surgery the doctor called me and said that my cancer was 30 percent of my prostate. that ment i went up from number 6 to number 7 in a matter of 6 weeks, so by rushing as the doctors called it i saved myself from having my cancer spreading to any other part of my body. so in my opion telling them to hurry up get it out was the smarter choice and not playing the number game and wasting all that time of trying other things then end up still having to remove it anyways.