Pale Pink Stoma - Is it Normal?

Replies
Views
Shadowchick27

Really pale pink stoma?

freedancer

Sounds kinda exotic! I think as long as it isn't bleeding or black and is not itching or uncomfortable, it will be OK!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,478 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Shadowchick27

Really pale looking?

Bill

Mine changes colour according to its own whimsical sense of humour. I've seen it pale, dark,(almost black) brownish, and mushroom shades. Sometimes I look at it and think |I might have gangreen. Usually it is rose-red but who knows? tomorrow things could change again. It's as Freedancer says, as long as it isn't bleeding-it's probably okay.   

NJ Bain

Shadowchick27,

Pale and pink could mean it's not getting an adequate blood supply. Make sure the hole for your stoma is not cutting off the blood supply. I would call my ET nurse or doctor if I were you. I also found this.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/signs-of-a-problem-with-your-stoma-3156886

Let us know if you're okay.

Bain

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Mrs.A

I agree with Bain, as it is always a good idea to check with your doctor.