Private message

In this discussion
Replies
Views
iMacG5

Is there a special trick to finding and opening a private message?  I'll appreciate any answer even if it starts with, "Yes Dummy".

Thanks

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

NJ Bain

Mike,

First off, you have to be a paying member in order to initiate private chats. If you are a free member, you can only respond to private chats or emails that are sent to you. And you only have 30 days to respond to the emails, otherwise they expire.

It depends on if you're using the mobile or PC format of the chat feature. On the PC, there should be a section in the task bar at the bottom of your screen that says "Private Chat" and "General Chat". If you click on the private chat section, a list of members in private chat will be listed there. If you click on their screen name again, it opens the chat.

I'm not sure how the feature works on the mobile format. I just know you click on the box in the lower right corner of your tablet or phone to open the chat feature. Hope this helps.

Bain

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
iMacG5

Thanks, Bain. I might've misled you.  I'm OK with the "Chat" stuff but couldn't figure out how to find and open a "Private Message".  I know we need to be full paying members to send a private message but receiving one should not require full membership.

BTW, I'm using a MAC desktop with the latest operating system.

Again, thanks,

Mike

mild_mannered_super_hero

a private message should be indicated by a red number next to the little envelope on the main page, the red number 2 or 3 ect will indicate how many unread messages you have in your inbox. im sending you one now, so you can see how/if it works.

Puppyluv56

I am not a paying member and have always been able to use private message! What's up with that? Mmsh, are you a paid member

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
mild_mannered_super_hero

yes, i am a lifetime paid member. i think one year is 30 and life was 50 or 60, i thought it a good deal. you always make the top 10 forum posters list and as such you get a free 30 day membership.... thats why you can private message

Puppyluv56

I New they gave me free membership cause I talk a lot! Lol

but thought I could before that! Well darn! Guess not!

C

iMacG5

Hey Bain and MMSH, thanks for your help.  I think I understand it now.

Gratefully,

Mike

Mrs.A

See Mike they didn't even have to use the words Yes Dummy! You can only be a dummy if you don't ask. :)

iMacG5

Thanks Mrs.A.  That's an important message.

Sincerely,

Mike