Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Time Zones

Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:23 am
This is a great community. Consider joining.

Good morning! I am in NB (Atlantic time) and it is 6:00 am. Coffee! Yum 😋☕️

I think it is so cool to see all you folks from acroos the pond on now! 

And then tonight (if I don't crash too early) I get to see all the folks from this side of the pond!

🥰🤗💞

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:38 am

Hello Sunflower.

It is 10:35am GMT here in the UK. and a beautiful morning, if a bit chilly. The forcast is for snow so that's something to look forward to. So, as you say - it's 'COOL'!

Best wishes

Bill

 

Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:54 am


Bill wrote:

Hello Sunflower.

It is 10:35am GMT here in the UK. and a beautiful morning, if a bit chilly. The forcast is for snow so that's something to look forward to. So, as you say - it's 'COOL'!

Best wishes

Bill

 

Good morning Bill! We have snowfall warnings here LOL

Good old Canadian winter is on its way! A Nor'easter ❄️🌨🌬

Enjoy your day!

Karen

Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:26 am

Y'all can have your snow.  I'm in sunny north Florida and am going to a nursery later to look at citrus trees.  :)

Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:35 am

I got snow from a couple days ago. I better get after it before someone gets the snow police after me. -25C with wind -35C at 7:00 and more snow to come.



Last edited by xnine on Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:58 am

No snow but it's 0 degrees right now with a 20-30mph north wind, feels like -20. 🥶 

Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:17 am


HenryM wrote:

Y'all can have your snow.  I'm in sunny north Florida and am going to a nursery later to look at citrus trees.  :)

I did enjoy not shoveling when I lived in North Carolina for a few years. 😄

Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:18 am


xnine wrote:

I got snow from a couple days ago. I better get after it before someone gets the snow police after me. -25C with wind -35C at 7:00 and more snow to come.

LOL Y'all always get lots of snow out west! I hate shoveling! 

Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:19 am


AlexT wrote:

No snow but it's 0 degrees right now with a 20-30mph north wind, feels like -20. 🥶 

Oh that sounds cold! They are calling it a weather bomb headed our way! LOL 😱

Do y'all usually get much snow out your way?

Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:33 am

Good morning all we here in N. Michigan just had a storm blow in from the west, hard to tell how much snow we got as the winds were blowing all day but my best guess is a foot or more, all the local schools were canceled and a lot of business,s.

Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:04 am


ron in mich wrote:

Good morning all we here in N. Michigan just had a storm blow in from the west, hard to tell how much snow we got as the winds were blowing all day but my best guess is a foot or more, all the local schools were canceled and a lot of business,s.

Yikes sounds like what it will be like here tomorrow 😬 

Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:05 pm


xnine wrote:

I got snow from a couple days ago. I better get after it before someone gets the snow police after me. -25C with wind -35C at 7:00 and more snow to come.

-25 C....-35C   !!  ...Holy Sufferin Jasus ...my NY  Brother would say  !  The coldest ever in my town Ballina  Co Mayo , Ireland  was  -17  F . we had that for 3 months two years in a row .  About two feet of snow over 4 inches of ice  .The whole country closed down for 3 months over Christmas and  New Year . . I had to use a pickaxe  to dig my car wheels out of the ice !  Ten years ago and almost no snow since . 

How the hell do you deal with  -25...-35  C  !! 

Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:10 pm


magoo wrote:

-25 C....-35C   !!  ...Holy Sufferin Jasus ...my NY  Brother would say  !  The coldest ever in my town Ballina  Co Mayo , Ireland  was  -17  F . we had that for 3 months two years in a row .  About two feet of snow over 4 inches of ice  .The whole country closed down for 3 months over Christmas and  New Year . . I had to use a pickaxe  to dig my car wheels out of the ice !  Ten years ago and almost no snow since . 

How the hell do you deal with  -25...-35  C  !! 

Long Johns LOL

Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:42 pm


magoo wrote:

-25 C....-35C   !!  ...Holy Sufferin Jasus ...my NY  Brother would say  !  The coldest ever in my town Ballina  Co Mayo , Ireland  was  -17  F . we had that for 3 months two years in a row .  About two feet of snow over 4 inches of ice  .The whole country closed down for 3 months over Christmas and  New Year . . I had to use a pickaxe  to dig my car wheels out of the ice !  Ten years ago and almost no snow since . 

How the hell do you deal with  -25...-35  C  !! 

Those leggings you wear under regular pants helps a lot. I work outside and I get acclimated to cold very easily. I usually never wear a coat, just a fleece base layer shirt and a heavy hoodie. I'd rather stand outside when it's zero rather than when it's 95. 

Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:47 pm


magoo wrote:

-25 C....-35C   !!  ...Holy Sufferin Jasus ...my NY  Brother would say  !  The coldest ever in my town Ballina  Co Mayo , Ireland  was  -17  F . we had that for 3 months two years in a row .  About two feet of snow over 4 inches of ice  .The whole country closed down for 3 months over Christmas and  New Year . . I had to use a pickaxe  to dig my car wheels out of the ice !  Ten years ago and almost no snow since . 

How the hell do you deal with  -25...-35  C  !! 

Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:13 pm

Must be a Trump voter   !! 🤡🤡

Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:18 pm


SallyNBC wrote:

Long Johns LOL

How many pairs  ??   😱😱  At the time I walked miles with my camera and tripod  . I wore three sweatpants , double socks  and three jackets . Only time my camera stopped working , had to keep two batteries warm and cozy  in my deepest pocket .  The very high humidity made it feel ten degrees colder . 

Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:20 pm


magoo wrote:

How many pairs  ??   😱😱  At the time I walked miles with my camera and tripod  . I wore three sweatpants , double socks  and three jackets . Only time my camera stopped working , had to keep two batteries warm and cozy  in my deepest pocket .  The very high humidity made it feel ten degrees colder . 

LOL

Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:43 pm

When I moved from Florida to Utah, one of the first things I bought was a union suit, the classic red long johns, and I was very, very happy that I had them whenever I had to go out and shovel snow in the cold and wind.

Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:30 pm


HenryM wrote:

When I moved from Florida to Utah, one of the first things I bought was a union suit, the classic red long johns, and I was very, very happy that I had them whenever I had to go out and shovel snow in the cold and wind.

Technology in clothing has changed dramatically since those union suits were popular. Some of the stuff made now is pretty amazing at what it does. 

Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:18 pm


SallyNBC wrote:

I did enjoy not shoveling when I lived in North Carolina for a few years. 😄

What part of NC did you live ?

Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:06 am


Morning glory wrote:

What part of NC did you live ?

Hi Morning Glory, I lived in Fuquay-Varina. Was there about 6 years.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:46 am


magoo wrote:

-25 C....-35C   !!  ...Holy Sufferin Jasus ...my NY  Brother would say  !  The coldest ever in my town Ballina  Co Mayo , Ireland  was  -17  F . we had that for 3 months two years in a row .  About two feet of snow over 4 inches of ice  .The whole country closed down for 3 months over Christmas and  New Year . . I had to use a pickaxe  to dig my car wheels out of the ice !  Ten years ago and almost no snow since . 

How the hell do you deal with  -25...-35  C  !! 

Stay in under a blanket. Must do snow today. Ski pants, scarf 🧣 and gloves 🧤 and goggles so my glasses do not fog up.

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:32 am


AlexT wrote:

Technology in clothing has changed dramatically since those union suits were popular. Some of the stuff made now is pretty amazing at what it does. 

I could crochet you up a warm pair of pants! LOL 😍😲

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:46 am


SallyNBC wrote:

I could crochet you up a warm pair of pants! LOL 😍😲

Those aren't your dancing pants? 😮

Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:57 am


AlexT wrote:

Those aren't your dancing pants? 😮

LOL 😂

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Currently online: 26    
4 members & 22 visitors