Dealing with Strong Smells After Waking Up

Replies
Views
Hisbiscus
Reply to Ben38

Yeah, maybe she's feeling guilty about something she brought in and just going around blaming people. She's already had her landlord over here shampooing the hall carpet twice in the 4 months she's lived here at 9 pm at night. Someone behind us had a running toilet or something like maybe the guts are broken. We'd hear running water for hours for the year we have lived here. Well, she called her landlord blaming the guy across the hall from us saying he is running water all night. Lol!
Yeah, I know she's crazy but I guess I'm a little touchy when it comes to my ostomy smells.

Hisbiscus
Reply to Maried

Thanks, I'll try. LOL

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Hisbiscus

She's getting crazier. She has now resorted to every time she hears my toilet flush she is banging her feet and throwing things. This is insane!!

Happytostillbehere

You could tell the landlord that he's in violation of your lease by not providing a quiet and safe environment for you to be living in.

CrappyColon
Reply to Hisbiscus

Think I could pass as a niece coming to visit? I'm telling you we could have some fun

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
BaoBoo

Yes, it is in my mind of that stink smell, but it is also true that the smell is lingering very long on the shirts, too, or bedding.

Every change time, I would turn the music loud and do my routine. My colostomy sometimes shows the blood and that is the nasty smell mixed with the waste content. So the "fabric covered product" will work sometimes.. but after a day's work outside.. it was not pretty, lost the feeling to hang out after work normally.. and difficult to find a decent toilet to check.
Back to the smell, for me it is never-ending.

Hisbiscus
Reply to CrappyColon

Haha, that would be awesome.

Hisbiscus
Reply to Happytostillbehere

My husband says next time he goes to pay rent he is saying something about her.

Hisbiscus
Reply to BaoBoo

I totally get it. After work, I don't like being around anyone until I get into the shower. I change mine daily because of it. You could be right about the clothing and all. It could be hanging around in my dirty clothes basket. I used to live in a place that I had my own washer and dryer and my own entrance to my place. I used to throw my work clothes in every day after work and then I did towels once a day. I now live in a building. I have to use the apartment washers and dryers so I usually wait until there is a whole load to do. My bedding I'm doing once to twice a week. I'm also using a different pouch system than I was before. I also used to use wipes to wipe the end of my bag after emptying, but I can no longer find wipes that don't have stuff in them that loosen my seal because I rinse when I empty. They are putting vitamin E, aloe, and other oily things in these wipes now. I've resorted to using a paper towel with water in them. Also, splash back when we empty.... Could some be getting into the flooring? All these things have been going through my mind.
Have you tried the odor drops yet? I use those, but depending on what you eat, they can only do so much.
I now take care of a client with an ileostomy, and she doesn't use drops, and I have to empty it, so I'm totally getting an understanding of how actually bad this does smell. I use a container to empty it and then empty into the toilet. When the toilet flushes, sometimes you feel some of the toilet water splash up even if you're ever so careful.

Happytostillbehere
Reply to CrappyColon

Ahh hell, let's make it a party. I can come as a pissed off grandfather!

Hisbiscus
Reply to Happytostillbehere

Lol! That would be awesome! She's so ridiculous! I'm like the cleanest person on the earth. My house is immaculately clean. I shower once or twice a day. This morning I got up to go smoke outside, and when I came back in, there was an air freshener smell in the hall. Like she's listening for me to come out the door and then sprays. What an ass! I have asked people who are close to me and friends at work, and they say they never smell anything on me.
The neighbor downstairs has 3 bags of garbage sitting in the hall for days at a time, and the man across from her has stinky work boots outside his door, but it's me, right?

drew400

A few drops of Hollister M9 Odor Eliminator Drops (Hollister 7719) in the bag after emptying has always worked incredibly well for me. On the bottle it says "Destroys odors in ostomy pouches" and I have found that to be true. It's much easier to stop the odor at the source than to try and get rid of it once it's in the air.

eefyjig
Reply to drew400

I use these, too. I keep a large bottle in my home bathroom and I have several travel-size ones that I keep in my travel bathroom bag, purse, etc. Works great.

Hisbiscus
Reply to drew400

Yes, I use those and sometimes the safe and simple drops. They both work pretty well, but I guess after sleeping all night and all the gas in the bag, they must not. Once in a while, half asleep, I'd forgotten to put any in, but not since this all started. I've been making sure they are in.

Hisbiscus

She's losing her marbles. I went to do laundry in the other building today and when I went back to put in the dryer, this is what I see. It is also next to my car and up our walkway only. All over the ground on our entrance. It looks like SMELLEZE or something in that line. Like she's hoping I step in it. I would say this is harassment. I am the cleanest woman on this earth! My house is clean. I shower once or twice a day. My bag is changed once or twice a day.

AlexT

I'm telling you a punch to the face will do wonders.

Hisbiscus
Reply to AlexT

Oh, I know but I'm not going to jail for her. She's gonna get a sensation of that liquid ass spray if she keeps it up. I'm documenting and with pictures and going to my landlord about her eventually.
You know I do work for developmentally disabled but I leave my work shoes at work.

Justbreathe
Reply to AlexT

Someone needs this T-shirt....

Hisbiscus
Reply to Justbreathe

Yep

CrappyColon
Reply to Hisbiscus

I can bring my daughter and chalk, and we could do outlines of ourselves along the sidewalk and by her vehicle.

You don't need to defend yourself against her craziness.

Busy weekend, but the kids are done with school this week, and I buy chalk in bulk every year so I'm just saying.

Hisbiscus
Reply to CrappyColon

Haha! Yeah I come home from work this morning and she has the whole walkway loaded with the stuff. I've been purposely walking around it. She's going to kill my bird! I don't ;know what that crap is and I'm bringing it into my home. Getting really fed up.
Thing is if she feels so strong about this, why not come to me instead of acting a coward and a fool!
It's a good thought about the chalk but I would not want to see anyone get into any trouble. She would see you right seay. She must stay at that window. This morning when I was showering it sound like she kept jamming something from ;her shower pipe above me. This woman needs serious help. I guess I should just ignore her but it's so annoying. I pay rent here and feel I have no privacy ya know?

CrappyColon
Reply to Hisbiscus

If she's behaving this way, I would think it's not just toward you. Maybe she's equal opportunity with her crazy?

Maried

It's hard having crazy neighbors!

Hisbiscus
Reply to CrappyColon

You know, you may be right. Maybe the woman just has some sort of mental illness and maybe I am taking things too personally. I mean, she did accuse another neighbor of something he was not doing. Her behavior is maybe quite paranoid, I want to say? I've decided I'm just going to dump my stuff in the toilet and not worry about this woman anymore. I'm sick of dancing around her. I need to live my life. If the smell is coming from my job and it could be, but I'm careful. I don't wear my work shoes home and I jump in the shower immediately. I make $1000 a week doing what I do and I'm not quitting for her. I certainly can't reverse my ostomy, so she's out of luck.

Hisbiscus
Reply to Maried

Yes, it is! I'm not a neighbor person either. I try to stay to myself as it is.

Hisbiscus
Reply to Beth22

I wanted to let you know that I got my sample of this spray you suggested from Coloplast and it does work pretty darn good. I asked for the unscented. Thanks again for suggesting this.

Beth22
Reply to Hisbiscus

Honestly, when I first tried it, I was shocked myself. Lol. I haven't tried the unscented one, I think I will though. I have the fresh linen scent. I am glad you found it useful.

Hisbiscus
Reply to Beth22

Yes, very useful. I spray a couple of sprays in my bathroom before I empty it now and also after flushing everything down. I dump a cup of vinegar in the toilet and let it sit for a minute and flush too. I'm going to take it to work with me as well. My client has an ostomy, and I want to see if it works in her room as she does not use odor drops.

CrappyColon
Reply to Hisbiscus

There you go!

Still have chalk and other antics if needed ;)

Fred383
Reply to Hisbiscus

Don't let the bitch get you down. She obviously needs to complain—it wouldn't matter if it were your effluent or kitty litter or deodorant habits, she will harass whomever is in earshot. It, unfortunately, is her way of getting attention.