Carnivore Diet and Ostomy: 127-Day Update

Replies
Views
terrizajdel

Hi guys,

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada! Here is my 127-day carnivore Ostomy update.

I roasted a turkey (my dinner) and made gravy and stuffing for my kids. The kids cooked the vegetables they wanted, and we were all happy and thankful.

I change my gear once every 7 days now with no accidents or rashes. I do have to level out the right side of my stoma with an extra 1/2 of a wax ring, but that is okay.

On Saturday, October 7th, my weight was down to 162 lbs from 194 lbs on March 28th. I don't have anything to complain about as all is going well.

My teeth, skin, hair, weight, and attitude are all positively affected by the carnivore diet, and my Ostomy is happy and well-adjusted.

My next CT scan and bloodwork is on October 11th, so I've got my fingers crossed that the cancers have shrunk and will continue to shrink until they are gone. Hopefully sooner rather than later as my 5-year clock restarted March 28, 2023.

I have stopped the AG1 for 3 months to avoid the little bit of sugar in it but continue with electrolytes and salt. Full-fat cream in my coffee and butter on everything. I'm even experimenting with carnivore breads although it's not the same when your grilled chz squeaks when you bite into it lol. Best wishes to everyone.

Terri

Mysterious Mose

Glad to hear you are doing well. Keep up the positive attitude!

Daniel

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,493 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Morning glory

Terri, happy Thanksgiving to you. I am glad to hear things are going so well for you. Please update when you get your results back from the Dr. Prayers for you.

terrizajdel
Reply to Morning glory

Thank you.

Hockeycards

Hello;

My prayers are with you. I look after my husband's high flow ileostomy. He currently sleeps in a chair just because his stoma will retract beneath the skin if he lays down and cause leaks. He is on chemo.

Good luck to you.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
terrizajdel
Reply to Hockeycards

I'm sorry to hear that. It must be so stressful for both of you. I used hospital pads under me for a year and also slept in my lazy boy for a bit. I hope all goes well for you both.

Caz67

Hi Terri

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck with the test. I will be sending positive vibes your way. You've got this, stay strong. XX

Axl

Happy to hear you are thriving, good for you.

AllieKIM

I would sure like to know more about the carnivore diet! You're the second person I've heard who is on it.