Choosing the Right Size Stoma Collar: Salts DC29 for 29mm Stoma

Replies
Views
IGGIE

This is the Stoma Collar that fits snug around the Stoma, but you have to order the right size. My size is 29mm, which is part number DC29 from Salts.

TerryLT

Hey Iggie, sorry for the dumb question, but what is the purpose of this thing?

Terry

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,529 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Longroad78

How has this product performed? Looks to help reduce the need for paste and stoma putty rings. Is the clear material soft on the stoma and not restrictive? Have you had any issues of output getting behind the seal?

IGGIE
Reply to TerryLT

It's a sealing washer with a very soft collar and it directs the flow forward and away from the stoma, and if you get the right size it will eliminate leaks. I think it's a very good product. Give it a go. Measure the diameter of the stoma and then order it by that size. My stoma is 29mm in diameter so the item I get is "Salts Part Number DC29". They will send you a sample to try. Regards, IGGIE

TerryLT
Reply to IGGIE

That does sound like a good idea but I guess you'd have to have a perfectly round stoma, which I don't. Mine is a kind of uneven oval in shape, so unless you can mold those things, I couldn't use it. Salts do make some great products though.

Terry

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
IGGIE
Reply to TerryLT

Hi Delgirl, all you have to do before putting it over the stoma put some paste on the back of it and it will fill in the oval part that's missing.