Anyone out there who has had successful removal?

Replies
Views
INVICTUS

I’ve had my ostomy since 2016 and I hate it. I’m scared to do the reversal because the one time I tried it I went into anaphylactic shock due to the antibiotic they gave me. Cephalosporin. I’m 77.

Any ideas where in the USA is the best and safest place to go to try it again?

7dragonflies.hm

Hey Invictus. I personally recommend Mayo Clinic. There's a few of them around the US. That's where I've been going and I feel they are top notch. And of course, this probably goes without saying, make sure that medication is on your allergy list. Hope this helps and good luck to you. ☺️

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,600 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Morning glory

I can understand  your concern.  I had my surgery  at Duke in Duram,NC. It world famous. Mayp is top notch too.

Beth22

Hi there,

Is it the doctor or your allergy to meds that are making you not want to do the surgery?  With your allergies anywhere you go you have to triple and double check they have it down as an allergy and to not give it you. I know it's a bit scary when you have allergic reactions like that. I have been there too And I also have 13 different allergic reactions to medication anywhere from antibiotics, to tapes lol they love me in the hospital. Key is to make sure it's known before surgery and ask what they will be giving you in the or and before they give you anything after surgery ask them. 

imsafanwa

I recommend coming down to Seattle. My surgeries were done at Swedish and they really helped me. I was stage 4 with colon and rectal cancer and they really cared for my physical and emotional health. The food was really good too, once I was able to have some. Still around after 18 months and slowly getting stronger every day. I should be long gone, but they saved my ass. Well, not all of it...

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister