Panhead511

In this discussion
Replies
Views
panhead511

I have never done this before, so bear with me. I had a colostomy done in March of 08. It has taken me almost 6 months to feel better. Anyone who has to get any kind of ostomy, I feel for you. It is very hard at first to adjust to, but everyone manages it at some point and time. Everyone is different when it comes to surgery. Timetables are different for each individual. But all in all, everyone adapts to their physical needs. Anyone who is going to have an ostomy worries about how they will be perceived by friends and family. DON'T WORRY! If someone loves you, they will accept you for who you are. If they don't, screw them! There are people who understand what you are about to go through. You will adjust and be a normal part of society again and live life to the fullest. Good luck to all of you who are going to have or already have an ostomy. Best wishes to all.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,097 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member
Hey, welcome to the forum. Nice first post... Now let's see a photo of that Panhead!!!
Shovelhead myself, or at least used to be... God, I miss her. Sure, I had to kick her every time before I rode her... But I loved the old girl just the same.

; ;
Link
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
devilishjim

Hey! Welcome to Goldwing Country...lol To you non-scooter riders, that's Honda with stereo, fairing, silence, dependability, and the list goes on... Now them Hawgs, they'll shake the shit outta ya...

Past Member

Yep, I've ridden them Goldwings... Dad had one and rode that thing everywhere.
Now Jim... you know I am required to tell a Honda joke here... How do you double the value of a Honda? Fill it up with gas!!!!
Nothing personal, and please don't take offense... You can even tell the magnetic rear bumper Harley joke (sure you know that one).

tarababy

Hey everyone....'SCOOTER RIDER' here and proud of it. Love her..'TWEETY' for short. Wish I had gotten one years ago and 'Mum's Taxi' wouldn't have existed to everyone I knew. Really want to go take lessons to get a bigger bike one day.. that's my dream concerning my transportation.. cya's

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Past Member
Hi Panhead511
I am fairly new to the forum myself.
I had an ileostomy done a year ago.
I am doing fairly well now,
but it did take some time for me to get used to.
And I agree with you ...
some people will help you through it, and be there for you, and others will fall away. The hell with them who don't stand by you, they weren't friends to begin with if they walk away..
This is when you really get to know ....