Festival with an Ostomy: Tips for Managing in Dirty Toilets and Changing Bags in Tents

Replies
Views
josh198

Thank you for sharing your story, Marsha! Feel more confident about going already :) The things you've done in your life are awesome, let's hope you can carry on the same way :-)

Any more experience to share about camping or especially festivals in general? Thanks in advance :)

JudiA

I used to go fishing a lot - sometimes there were no blue rooms or other facilities. A bread bag became my friend. I have also used one of those plastic coffee containers (Folgers I think) with a screw-on lid. It was good for safe containment and fairly odor-proof. Since I have an ileo - I have to empty more often, and this has worked for me - sitting in the car.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,676 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ozzwood

Josh, I do hope you go to the festival. I've never been to one, but I'm pretty sure you'll do great!! My friends know all about my ostomy. I couldn't care less if they know. It's part of me now and it's going to be with me until I die.

Have a good time. I'm kinda jealous, but please let us know all about it when you get back!!

LadyHope

Have fun, Josh! It sounds like the festival will be an awesome time. Don't forget to take lots of spare products, just in case. Can't wait for you to post your great time when you return. LH