Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,331 members

Front and back pain

Past Member
Posted by Past Member, on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:46 pm

I had a colostomy on 11/29 of last year due to damage from pelvic radiation to treat cervical cancer. My surgeon said that things have healed well and I was actually feeling pretty good, ready to get on with my life. For the last 4 weeks I have bad pain in my abdomen right across the belly button area and pain in my back in the flip side of the abdominal pain . I can't stand for any length of time or walk without it hurting almost unbearably .

They did a CT scan and nothing showed up. I saw a urologist and she couldn't find anything. It almost feels like something is not attached and going to fall out. Has anyone else had anything like this? Could it just be from weak muscles? 

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Reply by Xerxes, on Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:26 pm

I presume your urologist ruled out a kidney stone?

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Yes, they ruled out a kidney stone. I'd like to find out what's causing this pain, it's really having such a negative effect on my life. Can't really go anywhere unless I am in a wheelchair. 

I thought when I made it through the surgery and recovery that I'd get my life back again. Guess it's not time yet.

Reply by violet-hummingbird, on Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:05 pm

Adhesions..new scar tissue won't show on scans. I get awful wind pains as it moves through my surgically changed intestines..it can be excruciating and  at first I suspected something really bad was going on! 

Reply by realmccoy18, on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:15 am

I am curious, when you have the pain do you notice whether there is stool in your bag? I get those pain when food is processing through the intestines and then being expelled out of your system. Hope this helps.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.