Spanx for ileostomy bag?

Replies
Views
Hanaleah

Hi Pammer:

I found this underwear at Target by Maidenform called Self Expressions. There are two different styles: boy shorts or thigh slimmer, but both are hi-waisted.

They are about $20.00. I have worn them for occasions and they work really well for me. In the past, I tried Jockey Sports for men and pregnancy belly bands. Neither worked for me. I also have underwear from Ostomy Secrets. I am not very big. The Maidenform works well for me. They are soft and comfortable and keep your abdomen flat. I still have output, but it is very light until I take the underwear off.

It looks like there are options here that I haven't tried, so I may.

Good luck, it is hard to get past your comfort zone the first time.

Pray for peace, Hana

mdq58

Here's my data point.

I've had a colostomy since 1976. My stomach sits right at my pants waistband. I use combative surplus so the flange protects my stoma. I rowed competitively for many years which meant I wore a unitard. My unitard covers my pouch. I found strenuous exercise or just the adrenaline from racing increases my stoma output. A full pouch and a tight fitting unitard do not mix. Not that I care that folks could see that I had an ostomy pouch, but it generally caused leakage which was a big problem. If the unitard covers your pouch I foresee the same problem. You could cut a slit and slide your pouch through the slit. My underwear waistband sits on the bottom edge of my faceplate underneath and below my pouch. It provides some extra stability.

I've always been active and keep fairly fit.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to send a note.

MikeQ

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,470 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Angelicamarie

Hey Pammer, I used to wear Spanx before the ostomy. I tried it after my surgery. I myself wear Jockey high-waisted panties. They hold you in really well, but I have tested the water and wore Spanx with the panties. Nope, too tight. It caused a leak for me. I say no to Spanx, too much pressure on the ostomy... but it might work for another. Test it for yourself! Have a good one! Angelicamarie