Swallowing gum

Replies
Views
CrappyColon

So…. What happens when you swallow gum and your colon is gone and you’ve had lots of abdominal surgeries (scars)? Asking for a friend 😉

I actually looked through this site and tried the ostoAI thing…. there has to have been someone who swallowed gum before yeesh. 

Axl

Go on, do it, then we will know .. 🤣

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,522 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

CrappyColon
Reply to Axl

My friend will have to let y’all know 🤣🤣

Ben38

I have done many times and swallowed worse lol no problems lol

CrappyColon
Reply to Ben38

Phew. Shoulda known I could count on you to have tried it 😁

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
IGGIE

I only swallowed Gum once, and my stoma blew a large bubble and popped waking up all the Kangaroos' and Koalas.

CrappyColon
Reply to IGGIE

You know I wish this story was true since you mentioned kangaroos and koalas. 😁

Ben38
Reply to CrappyColon

I'm old decerped I've tried most things once lol  

IGGIE
Reply to CrappyColon

Of course its was true, would I lie to you. 😉 Regards IGGIE

Daisy2023

Once I did when I was a kid. My first time around with an ostomy  LOL. It just didn’t digest or anything. It was fine haha and I can’t believe I shared that. Hahaha

eefyjig

Jodie, how are you - oh, I mean how is your friend 😉 - post gum-swallowing?

CrappyColon
Reply to eefyjig

Lori, hahahaha 😉 Puke-tastic at the moment but it’s hard to know if that’s to blame between Thanksgiving foods and also my kids both being down with the latest plague from school. Time or something will tell I guess?? 😁

ahynes111

Ha! I remembered when I was recovering from surgery day one and we are supposed to chew gum to move things along.....and I accidentally swallowed my gum. I wasnt frantic but I told a nurse right away. She said: "That is fine"

CrappyColon

Lori, I did end up talking to a nurse friend with an ostomy because I’m down to just drinking lemonade at the moment and she said even with a colon it doesn’t digest well. She said it may hang out for a while but be prepared for something possibly funky and hydrate hydrate hydrate 😁

Axl

Alright Jodie, you wouldn't do it so I did, swallowed my gum at 11am yesterday. Completely forgot about it until just now 24 hrs later .... I've got no idea where it went 🤣😂🤣

CrappyColon
Reply to Axl

Thanks for taking one for the team there 😆 Let know if you happen to come across it 😉