Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 19,700 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,700 OstoMates.

New Update On C5 -c6 Neck Surgery

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:05 am

Well, it's been over 2 months since my surgery.  The neck and shoulder pain are pretty much gone.  However, my forearm and right thumb are still numb and I have a great deal of shoulder pain now so I am beginning to think there is a nerve issue either in the Carple  Tunnel area of my wrist or in the disital area of my shoulder.  The doctor said if I do not receive some relief in my hand and arm soon, that more testing will be done to pinpoint the cause.  It is frustrating at most.  I was REALLY hoping that the neck issue being corrected would fix my issue.  The numbness is troubling as it interferes with my work and my home business.  I am unable to build my products as I need the use of my hand to do the fine motor work.  I am too young to be disabled and am not ready to accept this for my life.

Last edited by freedancer on Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:49 am

Hi Freedancer.  Hope I’m not breaking any rules on this site but hsve you considered any kind of CBD oil.  I found it helped me so much going through my pain and I also use a CBD cream.  Just a suggestion of something that cannot harm you but may really help.  Take care and hope you find relief very soon 

Advertisement
ConvaTec - Moldable Technology
Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:24 pm

I have been using CBD oil for several months now.  It has no THC in it.  I don't have the money to see the alternative doc right now.  I am taking it to not have to take the sleeping medication that the VA gives me.  It doesn't do much for pain but helps with the PTSD and anxiety.

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:20 am

Hello freedancer. Sorry to hear that your problems have not been completely resolved. Hopefully, with more testing, they will be able to get to the root of the present problem. One of the frustrating things about vertebrae is that they carry all the other nerves to different parts of the body and it doesn't take much to interfere with the neural pathways. I do hope that they pinpoint the problem soon.

Best wishes

Bill

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:13 am

Thank k yo Bill.  I am looking forward to my life settling down soon.  Just too much stuff going on!

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:51 am

One day at a time one step at a time. You are strong. Prayers and strength being sent your way

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:56 pm

Thank you!

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.