Introducing Pooey Vuitton: Naming and Embracing My Stoma

Replies
Views
Deeleigh
Reply to clair.crowley83

I love the Pooey!

I named my first one Paige when I had a colostomy. She passed away when I reversed. She was brought back as her evil twin sister in Jan 2020. I named her Paige because she was another page in my journal of surgeries. Over 50+ so we are slowly but surely about through writing the chapters of this book but the Paiges are beautifully written according to what my God has in store for me.

Past Member
Seinfeld Elaine Benes GIF

I went with Stella from A Streetcar Named Desire, but really this is what came to mind at the time.. Haha. I was in my early 20s when I got it, and it was handy to have a code name to refer to if I was out with friends and had to attend to in some way while out - leaks, emptying, whatever.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,467 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

CrappyColon

Mine was Marilyn Monroe because she (I'll give it a female pronoun since it came from within my body) was quite a diva. My colon that died was Norma Jean. I wanted to write on my abdomen in marker before the first surgery "goodbye Norma Jean" but they were iffy with all the other marking they had to do. It helped me a lot. Everyone in the house would hear me yelling and cursing at Marilyn (more the beginning). Psychologically it helped me for sure.

CrappyColon
Reply to Anonymous

I kept adopting rescue puppies during Covid, and when I adopted the 3rd, a female, I really wanted to name her Stella so I could yell that out the door. But it's also my elderly neighbor's first name, and I'm not sure how great her hearing is, but we thought she might not find it funny.

Bronxcheer

I had colon resection in December and 3 days later had emergency surgery due to a leak and wound up with 10 inches of small intestines removed due to being rotten and wound up with a temporary ileostomy.

My stoma likes to make raspberry noises, so I named it Bronx Cheer. If you are from the east, you know the relationship with the name and noise.

Hoping for reversal surgery in March! Will find out in a week after some tests.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Rene

Yes, it saved my life but I don't feel close enough to it to name it. It is what it is. If I did name it: ;PITA and I'm sure most know what the acronym stands for.

CrappyColon
Reply to eefyjig

Spuey

BaoBoo

Love your name!!
My name is Chihuahua!