Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,344 members

Have you named your stoma?

Posted by Sasquatch, on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:09 am

Deuce Pooper is what I like to call mine.

Reply by Attill the hen, on Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:11 pm

I call mine Stumpy the Stoma.  He (I wonder why I think it is a he?) looks like a little stump of something.

Reply by Hanaleah, on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:47 pm

I call my stoma Oscar after The Odd Couple. Guess which role is mine? It makes it easy to talk about when other people around.

Reply by suzeekew, on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:49 pm

No need to apologize for your sense of humor, Bill, I thought your post was quite funny - chuckle funny.

Your research turned into an interesting, enjoyable post.

laughing

Reply by Bill, on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:31 am

Hello  suzeekew.

Thanks for your post and your feedback on the humour. It always feels good to know that someone, somewhere shares a similar sense of humour, even if it is a bit obscure in presentation.

Best wishes

Bill

Reply by Paull0288, on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Why?

Reply by Bill, on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:14 am

Hello Paull0288.

Does your 'why?' mean - what reasons are there? If so, can you be a little more precise as to what subject you are asking the question about so that we can focus more accurately on trying to find some answers.

Thanks.

Best wishes

Bill

Reply by Jellybean82, on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:21 am

I had never named my urostomy anything but after I had gotten my ileostomy the stoma nurse suggested that I should name them both so after much thinking I came up with Rosie for my uro and Winnie after Winnie the Pooh for my ileostomy.

Reply by Welshman, on Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:32 pm

GUCHI IS HER NAME. 

Reply by Hanaleah, on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:16 am

Hi,

I call my stoma Oscar. The reason is that my husband is a Felix and I am an Oscar as is, of course, my ostomy can be messy, too, sometimes.

Reply by Scout Finch, on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Partly due to my ostomy only being temporary, I haven’t given my stoma a nickname. However, when I was taking a bath last night I was thinking how it’s like a spigot or a tap on the outside of my body. Then I thought, so it’s a "crap tap"! Laughed myself silly for a few minutes. So, unofficially, that’s its nickname. ;-)

Reply by Bill, on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:26 am

Hello Scout Finch. Thanks for the smile you  gave me this morning.

I do like the 'crap-tap' label as it is so functionally descriptive and can be used as a generic term for all feacal stomas.

Reply by freedancer, on Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:29 pm

Min actually has 4 names.  Maxine, Pelosi, Wilson, Lee!

Reply by Cherrioats, on Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:39 am

I've named mine T.C. for Tummy Cork. 

Reply by heavensown australian she, on Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:59 pm

I named mine Ill because it makes me ill as crap all the time. It leaks at the worse possible time in the world it could.  I hate it but again as said in previous post it did save my life along with chemo and other drugs.

Reply by iMacG5, on Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:15 pm

I still haven't named it but was thinking "Skip".  Now I can skip the butt cleaning part.

Mike

Reply by Bluetrain67, on Wed May 09, 2018 8:57 pm

Mr. O

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu May 10, 2018 12:34 pm

No I haven’t named it have you? I have had mine since ‘08, I think it probably won’t happen. How is your day going?

Reply by sassie, on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:55 pm

I named mine Alice and u lil shit, i can't get it in my head its my butt so a named was needed to get passed the shock, now i'm kinda fond of her.lol

Reply by HarleySue, on Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:48 am
I like to see that ppl. name there Ostomy,thought I was weird! Mr.O is fitting Bluetrain67 & I like yours Sassie.I first started to call mine Turtle (cause it go's in & out),but one day I yelled get in there you little Turtle & my 26yr.old daughter came in & said "get in where? She then yelled eww,mom!" You see,I've called her Turtle since she was a baby! So now it's just my red button as my grandangel's call it!Please keep posting your quirky names for your stoma's!
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:08 am

Chucky.... Because it's the devil

He will leak even after I've just showered and changed, only to find a pile of bile in my lap

I can go see the loudest action movie ever, but he will wait for the quietest passage to gurgle and fart

I used to refer to him as my little buddy, he is anything butt​...lol

I'm tired of sleeping on my back, I'm a side sleeper, but it deforms the disc and it leaks

Just being honest here, this sucks! But that can be life in general, so I try not to complain.

I am thankful for my current health, such as it is, I realized I had a successful surgery with no complications. I will win, been a fighter all my life.. FU Chucky, you ain't holding me back!

Reply by freedancer, on Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:27 pm

You should make an appointment with your Stoma nurse so they can help you find a product that will work better for you. Try Marathon No Sting Cyanpacrylate Skin Protectant by Medline. It is really strong and could help your bag and barrier to not leak. Let us know how you do OK?  Good luck!  Pamela

Reply by ShyIntrovert, on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:27 am

my 1st Ileo was Spewie

Now my C-Ostomy is named Peek-a-Poo since it likes to move in and out, lol

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:01 pm

I named mine Jake. My abdominal scar is Cousin Larry, my chemo port is named Pearl, and while I was on 5FU, for 48 hours, that was Aunt Ethyl visiting Pearl. WHen I go to radiation, that is Chernobyl. I nickname everyone and everything......lol

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:03 pm

Have you tried a pillow between your legs? I am a side sleeper, and the pillow prevents me from rolling onto my belly. WHen that happens, I wake up to an explosion. I also have pads in between the sheets and mattress. It is cheaper to replace a set of sheets, rathewr then replace a mattress.

Reply by Marye, on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:37 am

Love your response!

Reply by Marye, on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:54 am

Mine will be 7 weeks tomorrow.  I called him Lucky for several reasons.  Lucky to be here at all and lucky for me it works.

Had the name right away, but couldn't look at it for the first month.  We're getting to know each other, and I agree with others, very protective of him/her.  

Reply by Ladyhawke, on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:01 am

Mines Bink...after a pitbull....lol

Reply by Ladyhawke, on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Mines Bink...after a pitbull....they can be vicious...lol

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:17 pm
Marye wrote:

Mine will be 7 weeks tomorrow.  I called him Lucky for several reasons.  Lucky to be here at all and lucky for me it works.

Had the name right away, but couldn't look at it for the first month.  We're getting to know each other, and I agree with others, very protective of him/her.  

I am the same way....Lucky to be here, so therefore, I am giving others reassurance, along with support. I used to be a very negative person, and I am thinking all of this happend to me for a good reason.....to spread the benefits of looking on the brighter side on everything. We could be very well looking at the grass roots, instead of the green grass.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.