Need help finding high-stoma coverage jeans!

Replies
Views
Txgirl

I love you, Sweede... lol... truce?

~~Hugs inappropriate touches~~ Hannah

eddie

Easy Swede, as the middle, middle child, I am the unappointed peacemaker. I don't think MMSH meant any insult or harm. It is just his humor. I agree with Ed. From MMSH's writings, I believe he is caring as you are, but I could be in trouble here. It reminds me of one time my two younger brothers got into a fist fight. One was in a cast, so I got between the two, got the crap beat out of me, and in an hour they were off fishing together, and I was nursing my bruises. Think I would learn, huh?

eddie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,470 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Lol!!! Well, it seems I caused quite an uproar. No harm is done, Sweed, and no apology is required. Most everyone on this forum knows my dry wit. I am, however, a true Southern redneck...and for that, I do not apologize. However, you will not find anyone on this forum who has ever asked me for help and been refused, regardless of color or creed.
Peace, dude.....

sweede

Awhhh, I never saw that coming either, how cool. Of course, I'll accept your truce. I know Super Hero never meant any harm. I'm just one of those lefty pot-smoking hippies having a bad day, I guess.
But let Super Hero enjoy your inappropriate touches. The least I could do.

Gus
She touched my sword.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Txgirl

You wish I had touched your sword, Steverino!!!

Gus
Well, maybe
lottagelady

You two are sooooo naughty!

Gus

It's all Hannah's fault, I'm innocent.

Past Member
    Funny as though, and oh so entertaining!!!    
Txgirl

Hi J!!! Hi Rachel!! First of all, let me clarify...I am not naughty...it is Steve who is the horny...er...naughty one here!!! LMAO
Steve is the one who is always swinging his sword about the forum, we all have to duck, lest we get concussed!!!
Even in all his horniness, I love him though...even if I have to wear a helmet when he is around.

LOL~~~~me

eddie

Gus, you are just bad, that's why gotta love ya!!!
Eddie

Gus

===Scuffs the dirt with my toe and draws naughty pictures with my sword... "sniffle"... Everybody thinks I'm bad and naughty and stuff... "sniffle". It's Hannah, I tell you, she weeds me away... "sniffle"

vulcanBMk2

I don't do jeans anymore!! I always think they look cheap and sloppy on any man (not woman) over the age of 50. My casual wear is usually "Regatta" outdoor pants or "Cotton Traders" chinos. I may be older and retired, but I have no great desire to walk about looking like a farm laborer or a street cleaner. (Worthy jobs, I am sure). For slopping about the house, I do have some M&S jogging bottoms - but that's about as bad as it gets. Oh, I do have some support undergarments via Sweden and find these practical and comfortable!!

vulcanBMk2

I am standing by for sarcastic BUT!! humorous replies------Hee Hee

Past Member

Not sure what they are called in other parts of the globe, but in the US they are called sweatpants. I guess you would describe them as workout pants with an elastic waistband and elastic at the cuffs. After my surgery, my stomach seemed to "stick out" like several inches more than before the operation. I figured it was because of all the nerves that got cut inside my stomach made it relax more. I don't know, and I never asked a doctor. But not one pair of my old jeans fit anymore, so I donated them all to a local church clothing bank. (Someone got some nice jeans, and no doubt appreciated them. Amen!)

So, I was hoping to find a thread with this topic of jeans. How ironic that I did.

When I wore jeans before my surgery, I found myself wearing lower and lower cuts of waists. I not only found them more comfortable, but "women liked them too" (LOL) and they were basically what everyone was wearing. So, I found most of my jeans at Old Navy. They tend to have a wider assortment of low-rise or mid-rise jeans. And you can find tons of them at thrift stores! They were so much more comfortable than Levi's.

But my question now, since I've not worn a pair of jeans or slacks since my urostomy, is this: if you fellow ostomates are able to wear belts, is your bag still inside your pants? I often wonder this because I've found even some elastic waistbands tend to squeeze off the bag so much that it doesn't drain.

Another question I was wondering about is what do you MEN do at work? What if you have a job that requires a certain uniform? And maybe a belt? And your shirt must be tucked inside? Then what? I truly believe this would all be too tight on my urostomy. At one time, I tried to wear slightly looser jeans with suspenders under my shirt, but that didn't work too well.

I'll just follow this thread and see if I can gain any tips. Thanks for your time.

gutenberg
lottagelady
Hi Ed, had this bookmarked, sorry to butt in as it were!

http://www.stomawear.uk.com/unisex_boxer.htm
Gus
Wooshka! Who needs underwear?
sweede
Hey Ed, that link will give you an idea about all the specs and stuff, but in reality they are actually quite impressive, well I think so lol.

The difference between the Comfizz and conventional underwear is that you can pull them up over your pouching system without having to walk around all day with a wedgie! (If you don't know what a wedgie is, then please refer to the following link, most informative http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedgie)

They don't have a waistband so they sit comfortably over the pouch line and cling to the body without restricting pouch flow, so there's no need to have the pouch hanging over the top of your underwear, which eliminates that dreaded fear that your knicker elastic is gonna peel the pouch off from underneath you and spill its contents down your leg in a supermarket queue.

One thing that I have noticed actually, is that I don't put my hand down to my waistband to check if my pouch is still stuck smooth as often anymore, which is pretty cool, they are like an added tool that is gently keeping your pouch pressed on.

There is only one flaw in my opinion, I have a colostomy as well as an Indiana pouch, and sometimes I don't always drink as much water as I should, which makes my poo a bit firm, kinda like blowing an egg down a hose pipe... well not quite as bad, but anyway the Comfizz cling to the body too much to allow the offender to drop naturally, needs a bit of help, but sometimes that's a good thing, gets you through the supermarket queue with no worries I guess.

Yeah so if you want a few pairs, PM me your size (only got M/L and L/XL I think, in both unisex boxers and ladies briefs left. Check for your size on the link that Lottage gave you, couple that with your address and 'll get a few pairs off to you ASAP.

Hairball, guess some of that answer was for you too and with the uniform thing, a white pair wouldn't show up through your shirt, you could have them up to your belly button if you needed them to, trousers on, shirt tucked in, regulation belt/buckle might be an issue. I move about all day (sometimes lol) and rarely get a kink in the wafer these days.
I'll send some over to you, you're still at the same address?, how did you get on with those pouches by the way?, any good?, coz I got hundreds of them here for ya dude, get in touch.x
Txgirl

Hi Ed!!
I wear jeans every day. I have had my colostomy since 20 Oct 09. My belly is still very swollen from all the surgeries, so it isn't as flat as I'd like.
I wear a mid-rise, boot-cut jean, not super low but not mom jeans. I wear a belt all the time or the jeans slip and all this is right across the middle of my stoma and bag. The only thing, if I wear any that are a little tight, it hurts the stoma area.
I wear my bag under my underwear actually and I still wear thongs. LMAO I refuse to let this get at me in my clothing!
Good luck and I hope this helped a little.

Past Member

Hi gang, I'm going to jump in here and say that they have made many strides over the years with ostomy bags. Unfortunately, my dad had an ostomy bag until his death in 1989, and it resembled a hot water bottle with a drain at the bottom. As far as the location of your stoma, it seems like many people did not discuss the location with their surgeon prior to surgery. Mine is about 3" below my belt line, and jeans are not a problem. I do try to wear loose-fit jeans to keep pancaking to a minimum. But for the grace of God, I am happy just to be alive and well enough to live life. Remember, we all got a second chance in life, and it's too short to squabble over petty things like jeans. There are more important things in life to consider.

#1gran

Thumbs up to
still wearing thongs!!!!!

Maryallison
Go TX Girl!!
tiger227

Hi Sweede

I am very interested in the Comfizz ostomy underwear you mentioned in your blog.
I have never heard of them but would like to try them out. I am a size medium and would like it in black. Can you help?

Jean

Txgirl

Lmao to Gran MaryA... love y'all both!

feeling goog

I too am interested in trying the underwear....size XL I guess...thanks, how do I go about getting them...thank you in advance...Judy

sweede

Hey feeling good and tiger, no worries, send me a message with a postal address and I'll send you each a few pairs courtesy of the foundation, I have both sizes mentioned.

If either of you cannot send private messages, then have a wee look at my profile page, somewhere on there is the address of my website (sorry I've been roasted on here before for writing it in a post).

There is a "Contact Us" link on the top left of my website, you can send it to me that way, or if you wish you can sign up (freely), and leave a postal address in my inbox.

tiger227
Hi Sweede

Having a problem clicking on your profile, so please send me the link so I can contact you.

I am not a full member so that could be the reason.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Jean
Gus

I wanna see Tx in a thong tomorrow lmao