Apartment living

Replies
Views
Hisbiscus

For those who live in apartment buildings. Have you had smell complaints from neighbors? 

Mysterious Mose

Only when cooking tripe! 😂

Sorry. Couldn't resist. I don't live in an apartment, but if I did and the neighbors could smell my bathroom, I would take a long look at my hygiene regimen. Anything else is paranoia, IMO.

Daniel

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,630 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Panko

I live in the penthouse so my fumes go up to heaven!! 😂😂

Downtown

We're no different than anyone else... everyone can stink.  Something we eat, a workout, a heavy night of partying... no one is immune.

TerryLT

I cannot even imagine how this could happen, unless you have a vent from your bathroom that goes directly into an adjoining suite!  There is no reason an ostomate should be any stinkier than anyone else!  This whole smell thing seems to be going off the rails!   IMO...

Terry

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
AlexT
Reply to TerryLT

I agree. 

AlexT

I can’t imagine anyone could have that bad of output odor. 

Beachboy

When I move in... it becomes a shitty neighborhood.  😉

Hisbiscus
Reply to TerryLT

Im.thinking that may have been what happened but hell, my husband's shit smells worse than mine. Had an upstairs neighbor bully the hell outta me at one time after she was  snooping and found out I had one. So  I guess I'm.a bit paranoid now. I'm.just wondering if anyone else here lived in apartments and has ever had an issue. 

It was a very traumatizing experience and she told everyone there. 

Maried

There are always crazy people..stay strong

TerryLT
Reply to Hisbiscus

What a terrible experience!  That takes bad neighbour to a whole new level.  

Terry

Hisbiscus

It was a insane experience and I still wake with night terrors from all the abuse and bullying. My wish for her is that her, Her daughter or grandson has to get one and everytime it's emptied she remembers the horror she brought to my life. Who knows? God works in mysterious ways they say. 

Hisbiscus
Reply to Mysterious Mose

Hi Mose,

It may be paranoia but I was bullied in my last apartment. Sprayed with lysol every time i came out my door by a witch. Thers much more she did to me as well most recent I found this note on a desk at an office i clean. I can smell a bad scent on my ostomy support garments as well. I'm very clean and tidy when I empty. At least this person is telling me in a more sensible way. It hurts but I'd rather someone tell me than not. 

AlexT
Reply to Hisbiscus

You should have punched her in the mouth. 🤷‍♂️ Unless you are having a very unusual issue or are doing something very unusual, I really can’t understand how the odor coming from your ostomy can be so bad, especially to linger long enough for individuals to notice it well after you empty. 

Mysterious Mose
Reply to Hisbiscus

I agree 100% with Alex. A good whack about the head may realign her scrambled brain cells. This sounds like a person with serious mental health issues and probably an extreme germophobe. It seems to me that this nutbag was trying to make you as miserable as she certainly is.

I still stand by what I have said about odors. We have all gone through the smell issue. It can be controlled and is not something that spills over into others' living quarters. Personally, I control mine by using a lubricating deodorant alternated with TicTacs. I also take 60mg of chlorophyll every day and avoid smelly foods like raw onions and such.

I have no idea what is in the head of the person that was harassing you. But, it was certainly in her head. Unless you are using buckets to empty your bag instead of a toilet and leaving those buckets sit open in your bathroom, she is hallucinating at best. At worst, she was trying to do you damage.

It was her and not you.

Daniel

Hisbiscus
Reply to AlexT

I'm one of the cleanrst humans in earth so yeah I can't figure this out.

Hisbiscus
Reply to Mysterious Mose

Right she did go overboard but what about the note left on a person's desk? I was cleaning offices and this person left that note in the pic. This was way after the apartment. I'm paranoid as hell thinking I'm a walking shit storm or something. I'm clean! I wash cloths, I shower, I'm careful emptying, my house is immaculate. I don't get it. It's really got me going crazy.

IGGIE
Reply to Hisbiscus

Post one of your used bags under her door and ask her if this is the smell she can detect? If she says no, then tell her to F- I am looking for the right word to tell her to go away. But if she says yes, then tell her you can have her nose fixed so it's not a problem anymore. Regards IGGIE

Mysterious Mose
Reply to Hisbiscus

Have you done the bed cover test? While dressed in the clothes you fear smell, get into bed and pull the covers over your head. Lay there for a while. What do you smell? Do the same test naked. What do you smell? I would contend you would smell nothing other than your natural body odor. And that would vary depending on how long since your last shower/bath. :-)

Daniel

Hisbiscus
Reply to IGGIE

It's been months since I've lived there but I'm a new place now. I guess I'm freaking out that the same will happen. 

Hisbiscus
Reply to Mysterious Mose

Hi, Yes I've done that along with covering my nose with the top of my shirt and it dont smell. I do find though that after I went to work it would smell and my ostomy garments have a smell to them. 

warrior
Reply to Mysterious Mose

that's a good trouble shooting technique. 

usually, under the bed sheets you smell whatever is cooking.

do a wave with the sheets. your nose  won't thank you. 

great idea daniel. kudos.

Mysterious Mose
Reply to Hisbiscus

I'll give any Vegas odds you can muster that the only way that is going to happen in your new digs is if that person follows you there. :-)

Daniel

TerryLT
Reply to Mysterious Mose

I often do this test in the morning before getting out of bed.  Just lift up the sheet and take a good whiff.  If nothing smells amiss it's a pretty good indication that things are good.  I also will lift up the top of whatever sweater or shirt I'm wearing and take a whiff.  Same idea.  If there is a problem, it will smell inside the 'tent'.

Terry

warrior

all in favor of naming a test for  bag smells 

"the bed sheet tent test"

raise your hand!🙋‍♂️

Hisbiscus
Reply to Mysterious Mose

I hope you're right. I've lost all confidence at this point and go overboard cleaning. 

Maried

If you can smell your bag after you start work you need to change your bag more often. When your bag smell leaks into your clothes time to change before that happens.The smell of stool can seep thru the bag when it becomes too old..which is different for everyone. Even if you wash out the bags it smells like old poop.

warrior

i was thinking of a reply you can resort to when these bullies mouth off to you abt the smell.

i am sure others  here have a quick- smart reply.

" me smell? i can fix that.

you however,  are butt ugly. no one can fix that"

AlexT
Reply to warrior

Here’s your reply to each bully….

TerryLT
Reply to warrior

Memories of Winston Churchill!  Do you get the reference?

Terry